Chapter 3: Alive

"Frank, clear the guards away, we have company tonight." Nick says the minute he gets out of the car in front of his house. "I just need one by the front door and another by the back door. And I need your eyes on Harry during the visit."

"Yes, sir" Frank says then makes his way to the +20 guards scattered all around the mansion.

"Is that really necessary?" Cheryl asks making her way inside and Nick just nods in reply, his attention shifts to the sound of Harry's laugh coming from the living room so he makes his way there discarding his jacket by the front door, one of the maids will take care of it.

"Hello, my loves," Nick smiles walking into the room and suddenly, the happy air shifts. Oliver gasps and scurries to hide behind Harry's legs and Harry stands up slowly from the fort.

"Did you have a nice day?" Nick asks as he feels Cheryl walking in behind him.

"Oliver, sweetheart, I missed you so much! Come give me a big hug," She says sweetly and Oliver whines clutching Harry's pants.

The silence stretches for a few uncomfortable minutes and then Nick clears his throat.

"We have company tonight, some of my business partners are coming to dinner" He says looking at Harry, "You should get ready, and use some makeup on your face."

"Oli love, go up to your room," Harry says softly and the five-year-old nods then makes his way out.

"I won't come down for the dinner," Harry says once his son is out of earshot, "And I definitely won't hide what you're doing to me."

"You know, maybe I will attend the dinner and show them all, yeah? I bet that that would be wonderful for your business." He smiles then takes a step back once Nick takes a threatening step towards him.

"Nick," Cheryl warns but he ignores her.

"Do you think that's smart Harry? Do you enjoy pushing me and then blaming me for what I do in return?" He whispers and Harry glares at him.

"Harry, just get dressed and hide the marks. The dinner will be a short one." Cheryl says coming to stand in front of Nick. "Alphas get angry Harry, and Nick is sorry for what he did. Don't push it."

"They have a small boy," Nick mumbles softly from behind her.

"What?" Harry asks and Nick clears his throat.

"They have a boy, close to Oliver's age. That's why I invited them." Nick says more clearly, "You said you wanted Oliver with kids around his age, I brought him one."

Harry almost laughs, "You brought him one?" He asks. "Sounds great, maybe if Oliver liked him, we can buy the kid, keep him as a pet."

Nick growls loudly and Harry winces.

"I am trying to do something nice for you Harry. Stop acting like a brat for fuck's sake." He says angrily, "Be good at dinner Harry or I swear to God..."

"What? You'll hit me?" Harry asks lifting an eyebrow.

"I don't know. I think Oliver is old enough now." Nick replies and Harry pales.

"Nick..."

"Get ready for the dinner," He orders and Harry nods.

.

"That's huge," Zayn whistles as Louis parks the car in front of the mansion.

"Barely enough to contain Nick's ego," Louis replies and Zayn giggles walking out.

It's Cheryl who welcomes them in, and thankfully, Niall doesn't react. He looks calm standing closely to Liam.

"Nick and Harry should be down soon, you know how omegas take forever to get ready," She smiles at Liam who nods.