Part 3: Feathers!

As I rode on the bus I tried calling Alex. He didn't answer. When I got home aunt Karen was on a call. She laughed and talked loudly. I put down my stuff and grabbed food. As I made myself some macaroni I felt some thing fall out of my pocket. A black feather.
"One of Alex's.."
The microwave went off as I flinched. I grabbed the food and went off to my room. I loaded out my homework.
"Yeah right. Like your going to home work when there is so much more to think about."
I looked at my jar of feathers.
"If she does that I'll tell her aunt.."
I thought about what Wolf said. If I what-
Then it hit me. My idea of running off. Finding my way in the wild.
   "She will have to find out."
I couldn't remember what she said exactly. Wait till I'm 18? For what? No no no no. It's couldn't be about me. Why would it be?
I looked at the feathers again. I got a rock and threw it against the trash can out side. Nothing happened. Alex always was here after school...
Wolf! She was crying. He has to be with her. I looked at my homework.
    "Might as well do some if I can't talk to Alex.." I said as I sat down.

~later~

  I opened back up the window and threw a rock at the thrash can again. I saw a figure move in the trees. The figure became clear as a crow flew into my room.  His wings became biggest as his crow body became human.
  "Hey beautiful." He said as he picked up one of his feathers. I thought about telling him about me knowing he called Wolf. But I didn't. If he wanted to tell me he would.
   "Hello, Alex." I said. I looked into his eyes. They where red. He had been crying before he came here and tried to cover it up.
   "Why are you crying?" I asked.
  "Huh? Oh.." He  rubbed his eyes.
  "A wolf died today... hit by a truck. They didn't even try to stop." He said as he drummed his foot on the ground.l and looked down.
   "Oh..." I said as I looked away.
I heard someone coming up the stairs.
  "Hide!" I yelled.
He looked at the door and ducked under my bed. The door swung open as aunt Karen walked in.
   "Your homework better be done.." she growled.
  "It's is." I said.
   "You have to stop collecting feathers!" She said as she picked up my jar.
  "I-I just think they look pretty." I said as she still held the jar in the air.
  "Hphm." She put the jar down and looked at me.
  "You look like a mess." She said scramming me.  "You should really take better care of yourself..."
  I looked at my shirt. It was dirty but still comfortable. It wasn't the shirt I had worn to school, but I had worn it to school once. Aunt Karen screamed at me for looking like a rat in public.
   "Well I'm going to be going out again tonight. If anything happens, you will be blamed fully." She said as she walked out of the room. I waited for a few seconds until I told Alex he could come out.
   "That was close." He said as he crawled out.
  "Yeah.." I said as I pulled out my laptop.
  "Here. These are the bus routes for next week. On Wednesday, there is one to get all the way to the Rockys." I said as I pointed to the route
"That would be the day I leave."
   "That soon?!" He asked. He said it as if he was panicked. "I told you to think before you committed to it!"
   "I thought about it. Just not long. But, come on! It would be fun! No more Aunt Karen... just me and the wild..."  I said.
   "Well.. don't you forget about the winters? I have to sleep in your room sometimes!" He said. "There is no way you could make it."
   "Well... at least tomorrow is Saturday so we can talk more!" I said.
  He looked at me weird. "Tomorrow is Friday..." he said.
  "WHAT?" I yelled. "I told Wolf it was Friday and she didn't correct me!"
  "Well Wolf probably doesn't know what day it is anyway." He said.
  We talked for a few hours until her turned back into a crow. 
  "Well, See you after school tomorrow, beautiful." He said as he flew off.
  "Bye!" I yelled as he flew out of sight into the star speckled sky.
  "He didn't say a thing about today and Wolf..."
I turned out the light as I lakes in my bed.
"Tomorrow is Friday.. I have school... and I have a way to talk to wolf".

Note: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
;w;