Chapter 2: The Unfaithful Forest

One day later...

The sky was the clearest I've seen it in a long time. The only thing I could see was the blazing sun that was intertwined with the cool breeze blowing past the steam powered wagon. We stopped at a local town to clean up and gather supplies before we headed on the road again. Silvie sat in the front with Joseph to instruct him where to go, while I sat in the back, taking in the view.

"How far are we from the place?" I asked, fixating myself in the direction were headed.

"We'll be there in about ten minutes." Silvie answered, pointing at the forest in the distance.

"So why would you guys wanna leave Crest? I know it's a fake family n all, but was it that bad?" Joseph questioned, focusing on driving.

"Well, I want to bring my brother back to life, and staying in a Crest wouldn't have helped. Plus they're the reason he's dead, we'll I'm at fault as well." I answered honestly.

"My reason isn't as just, but I wanted to tag along with Noir to see if he could make it happen. He also gives off the good vibes of my old human Max." She grinned, staring at me.

"Who's max?" Joseph and me both said aloud.

"A human man who took care of little ol' me when I was younger. He taught me a lot, even though I was hard headed. Sadly, he got killed by the Crest leader and I was forced to join their 'family'." She sighed, looking at the grass fields beside us.

"Damn, that's a lot. Well if it makes you guys feel any better, you have me traveling with you!" Joseph said, lightening up the mood. "Oh, and another thing, how old are you guys? I'm twenty."

"I'm twenty three." I said.

"I'm a year older than Noir, hehe." Silvie smiled.

"Perfect age to get married, I'd say." Joseph teased, poking her.

Silvie stared at him like she was going to swallow him whole, and Joseph scooted over.

"Well then how'd you guys meet?" Joseph said, trying to change the topic.

"Oh it's not a very interesting story, but I'll tell you." I said.

I ran through the hallway and heard footsteps. I quickly used my flames to shoot into the vents. I squeezed my wait through them, trying to find my way out.

"If I knew it would be this hard to get out, I would've planned better!" I murmured.

I heard a creak, and the vent under me fell. I thought I would hit the floor with a thump, but I didn't even hit the floor. I tried to move myself but it was like I was suspended in mid-air. I tried to use my flames but they wouldn't come out no matter how hard I tried. I looked around the dark room but couldn't see anything, even with my eyes adjusted. It seemed like I was staring at a wall cause I could see pieces of the wall missing. I heard a sound behind me and something touching my shoulder, causing me to flinch.

"Aw, don't move around so much. I won't hurt you, unless you get me angry." The voice said, trying to reassure me.

"Who are you? Also, I'd like it if I was in the floor!" I said, struggling to move.

The person moved in front of me. It's a girl with silver hair and four purple eyes.

"A spider?" I guessed, squinting my eyes to get a more detailed view.

"A spider girl, you could say. I'm also a halfie! The names Silvie, nice to meet you, Trou Noir." She smirked, moving around me.

"I'm gonna guess you're apart of the Crest family too. Right now I'm trying to leave so can you please let me go?"