Chapter Forty Nine - Three Seconds

Isabelle's POV

You know one thing that everyone knows is evil?

SCHOOL!

"Later dad, see you soon mum!". I quickly uttered and dashed out of the house. My parents had requested for Xander's limo to pick me up since we're now like a 'thing' but I rejected it since I'm not in for anymore fame neither do I want to be exposed to the hunters.

"Minuet, are you in school already?". I mindlinked as I walked briskly across the street.

"Yes, I wonder why humans are just so slow and sluggish at everything". He snorted.

"Hmph! You crazy mysticals need to try walking without superspeed and see what happens!".

I stomped my feet at his insult before running towards my classroom. Even though it was just a mindlink, it felt like he said it to my face.

Once I made it to the class, I shot him a glare from the doorway, only earning a hidden smirk from the demon.

Rolling my eyes, I took a glance around the room in search of the teacher, only for me to see Xander, Julius and Amy missing.

Hmmm....

The three culprits...

Dragging my sore legs, I made it to my seat silently and slumped in it with a deep sigh, hoping for the busy students to not notice me. I'm not in a good shape to talk about the prom's incidence.

Minuet mindlinked."Did you see him on your way here?".

"What? Who? No! Wasn't he in class??". I asked mentally.

"Not even a glimpse". He sighed.

"Not even a what?". I blinked in confusion.

The thought of Xander watching me now in his torturing coven sent chills all over me instantly. What if he found out everything and had taken three steps ahead of us?!

"Something isn't right though". He started.

"Really? How do you mean?". I asked, hoping it wasn't something serious.

"Don't you feel it? I'm sensing some strange magic in here". He inquired, with a low growl.

"I thought it was the air conditioner in the room that was giving me the weird vibes!". I spat out, even though it sounded absurd. You can't tell me he's suspecting I'm using magic for something, I'm not that stupid...actually, I'm not even stupid.

I never used my magic today and never intended on doing so either...t-this is getting d-disturbing as magic is involved.

Almost immediately or more like on clue, Julius and the other prefects walked in with a smiling face and laughing expressions. That was indeed something not right if you ask me. Why do all the prefects suddenly seem like nothing happened at all? Don't tell me they-

Huh?

Xander doesn't look happy like them, he looked all-

Why are they all looking at me!?

"If you don't do something, I'm gonna cut off that smiling parts of their faces".