05

"K-Kenma?" The boy's eyes was wide open, it took some time for him to realize what was happening right in front of him.

Kenma felt the same way, it was already hard for him to show Kuroo his pathetic side, and now Hinata, someone he loves dearly had to see such a mess. Such a mess named Kenma Kozume.

"W-Why are you here?!" Kenma exclaimed, this was the first time he raised his voice to Shoyo, which is why he flinched.

There was silence, Kenma didn't mean to yell at him like that. He felt dumb, he shouldered all the blame, if only he never fell in love with his best friend. This wouldn't have happened.

But it was no question why, Hinata is the epitome of sunshine, perfect in every other way, Kenma couldn't escape falling in love with the small tangerine.

Shoyo slowly went closer to Kozume.

The confession.

He lied that day.

He never saw Kenma in a way it would be deemed romantic. Even so he also didn't want to hurt Kenma's feelings. He's apathetic but if something were to hurt him he wouldn't be able to move on quickly.

So he lied.

Hinata places his hand on Kenma's cheek, then rubbed it with his thumb. "I'm sorry—"

"Don't..." The blonde puts his hand right above Shoyo's, it was a small gesture that said tons of words.

Shoyo leans down, so that the boy that sitting on the bed right in front of him were face level.

Hinata pressed his lips against Kenma's. He knew his boundaries as a friend, but he decided to break it.

When Kenma realized what was happening he pushed Hinata away, breaking the kiss.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

"I'm trying to like you back!"

"You can't just force yourself on me! It doesn't work like that!"

"But I have to! Otherwise you—" Hinata's hazel eyes widened as he catches a star escape from Kenma's.

Both of them knew the kiss meant nothing, Hinata himself knew that fact more than anyone else.

"This is all my fault, right? K-Kenma?" Shoyo asked looking down, tears falling down, he couldn't look at his friend, it was tormenting. Kenma placed his hand on Shoyo's left cheek with a forced smile "It's not your fault don't blame yourself"

Hinata hugs him, making them fall down on the bed, both in each other's arms.

"I love you..." Hinata whispers in the middle of his quiet sobs.

"Shoyo... Please... That's not going to make me feel any better" Kenma stated with a small forced giggle in the end, but inside it hurt, it hurt him so much, Hinata could say those three words to him like it was nothing, it hurt him knowing that it was all lies. And yet he had no choice, it was nice hearing that from someone he cherishes, even if it was fake. He'll take it.

Ahhh, I'm stupid.

We're both so stupid.

Kenma hugs shoyo, a little tighter this time, savoring comforting touches that meant so much to him.

"And it's understood, that the both of us are no good..."