( 𝟎𝟑𝟗 ) introducing the governor

Börja om från början

The man took the knife out of his pocket and gently held it in his hands, trying to show the girl that he meant no harm. "I apologise for how Merle kidnapped you and your friend." He began, as he crouched down besides her and cut through the rope around her legs, allowing them to breathe once again and the blood was finally able to rush around them, he then worked on her wrists, his hands lingering on her skin more than she liked. "My name is Philip. But the people around here like to call me the Governor." The man said, as Zoe quickly pulled her hands away from his hold and held them tight to her chest, rubbing at the bruises and cuts on both of her wrists from being tied up so tightly.
The girl didn't look up at the Governor as he still crouched besides her, the man obviously eyeing her up with no disappointment. "May I?" He then asked, finally standing up and motioning to the chair in front of the young girl. Instead of replying, she didn't say a single word to the man as she looked down at her hands in her lap - she didn't know if he had already been to see Glenn, what if he had killed him? Or injured him in some way? Zoe would never be able to forgive herself if something happened to him whilst she was sat in this room all alone, not doing anything to help him. "We'll take you back to your people, explain this was all just a misunderstanding." The Governor said, breaking the silence once again.

Zoe didn't trust this man one bit, she knew that he just wanted to find out where her group were currently living, so he could either kill them all or take the prison for himself, and she couldn't allow that to happen, not now that they had the baby to look after, and the rest of her friends and family. If he was actually telling the truth, he would have let them go already, and she wouldn't have heard Glenn take a beating in the room just next to her own. Zoe still didn't say anything as she frowned at the Governor, causing him to carry on with his convincing. "You tell us where they are, and we'll drive you there." He said, smiling as he believed he had convinced her, but in reality, she wasn't believing a thing he was saying to her.

Zoe crossed her arms over her chest, knowing that they weren't just going to drive them to the prison and that be it, there had to be something behind it all. "I want to talk to Glenn. Where is he?" Zoe spoke up, surprised that her voice didn't waver or stutter due to how scared she currently was. However, the Governor knew that she was scared, and her wall wasn't hiding anything from him, he was good at reading people, and he just knew that he would be able to get the information out of this girl.

"I can't allow that." The Governor told her, smiling slightly, which just pissed her off even more. "Your people are dangerous." He said.

Zoe couldn't help but scoff at his words, "You kidnapped us, remember?" She retorted, glaring at the old man in front of her.

The Governor chuckled, "Don't think that I don't know your people handcuffed my man to a roof. Forced him to amputate his own hand." He informed Zoe, as her face fell at the fact he knew about that.

"We went back for him." Zoe told him, having always felt awful that Merle had been left on a roof to die, but it didn't take away from the fact that they went back, and found his hand in his place, which had just shown that he died..

The Governor shook his head. "You just tell us where they are, and we'll bring them here. You'll be safe. I promise." He tried convincing the girl again, but Zoe had no interest in what he had to say. She just wished that Nate was here. He would know what to do, he would be able to read the Governor and know exactly what he wanted from them.. "No?" The old man asked, when Zoe didn't reply, instead, looking away, unable to meet his eyes. "Fine." He sighed. "Let's try something else, huh?" He asked, knowing that playing the innocent man wasn't going to work with her, she was already too suspicious of him, and whatever he said was just going to go through her. "Stand up, please." He instructed.