Enbarr Strategy Meeting:

Start from the beginning

Lorenz frowned, "Don't you change the subject, Claude. To the people of the Alliance, the Almyrans are-" Lorenz shouted but was cut off by Claude.

"It's true that there's a history of hostility" Claude said in a calm voice "But why should that mean we're doomed to remain hostile forever?" he said. "The Almyrans aren't monsters" Claude said "Right, Byleth? What did you think when you met Nader?" Claude asked.

Byleth was silent for a moment, most likely thinking her response out. "He's a reliable general," she said.

Claude smiled, "Ha! I'll tell him you said that" he laughed "And I am sure that if all of you got to know him, all of your preconceived notions would change too" he said. "I know you guys, and you aren't the type of people to reject someone without trying to get to know them" Claude said.

"But... How did those Almyrans even get passed Fodlan's Throat?" Hilda asked, "I doubt my Brother would just let them pass without saying anything..." she added.

Claude nodded, "About that... I actually made sure your Brother met Nader in advance" he said.

"What?!" Lorenz said in shock "Lord Holst met with an Almyran general?" he asked.

Hilda furrowed her eyebrows, "But wait they're supposed to be bitter enemies! They've fought each other several times before!" she said.

Claude rubbed his forehead, "I know. It was a big gamble" he sighed "But rather than having me try to convince them myself, I knew it would be easier to just have them meet" he said. "They were taken aback at first, but sure enough, they hit it off. They were even drinking to their newfound brotherhood before parting" Claude said.

A loud laugh came from the nearby Claude, it was Lady Judith. "It makes sense. If you take the greatest heroes away from the battlefield of course they'll get along" Judith said.

Hilda shook her head, "Fighting one minute then drinking the next... Men are so weird!" she exclaimed.

A small chuckle escaped from Claude, "Ultimately, someone's bloodline has nothing to do with the friendships they forge" he said "Relations between the Alliance and Almyra is a matter we'll tackle in the future" he added. Claude paused for a moment, "I want to take this opportunity to make one thing clear to all of you" he said "After we defeat the Empire and the Church of Seiros, I intend to tear down the walls that separate Fodlan from the outside world" he declared "I want to let people and goods come and go freely, and in doing so, eradicate prejudices about the outside world" he said.

The color drained from Lorenz's face, "Would it even be possible to achieve such a thing?" he asked.

Claude sighed, "In any case, I'm prepared for the inevitable protests and criticism. New ways of doing things are always met with resistance" he said "During our time at the officers academy, all of you overcame the barrier of birthplace, status, and ideology" Claude said "Having gone through all of that with you, I have no doubt that in time, you'll understand" he said.

"I guess there were a lot of different people there. People who we wouldn't have met through the normal course of our lives" Hilda said.

Claude nodded, "Duscar once opposed the Kingdom, but Dedue was there. Bridged once invaded the Empire, and Petra was there" he said "We ate at the same table as those people. Sure, sometimes we didn't get along. But other times, we helped each other out" Claude said, "Can we really draw a definitive line in the sand and say one group of people is all good, and the other all bad?" he asked "If I can realize my dream, Fodlan will be reborn. The old age will end, and we'll welcome a new dawn" he said.

"But if-" Lorenz began but was cut off by Judith.

"Save your objections for another day. Gloucester boy" Judith said, "That said, there are more pressing matters to discuss. Our next step is to invade the Imperial Capital, right?" she asked