"Hello, informer. The meeting went great today. Your info was so up to date. Come home, I'll treat you to lunch", he spoke to informer on his phone, gritting his teeth.

"You calling me to feed me food is enough for me to know that I'm going to get thrashed. I'm not coming, baby", the person the opposite side spoke.

"Aaj ghar pe butter chicken bana hai. Ab bhi nahi aoge?", Manik asked fake innocence dripping from his voice.

"You know my weakness so well and you use it to your advantage. Saale. Butter chicken ke liye tho maar bhi khaalun mein. I'll reach in 10" and he cut the call, not waiting for Manik to respond. Anupam, who was listening to their banter, guffawed at this crazy pair.

Nandini seemed to be happier than she was in these entire 13 years and she couldn't be more happy that her equilibrium is disrupted. The glow on her face is noticed by the entire family. But, they were worried about her.

This person claimed to be some Malhotra, not their best friend nor their little one. Moreover, they themselves saw the entire family burning to death in their once pious abode. A scene which gives them chills even today. It was also confirmed in the post mortem. It cannot be any of them.

They didn't want their daughter to hope for something that could possibly never be hers. Ever. They had failed her once and they wanted to make sure there is no second time. Vishesh had already put detectives behind the look alike. They hoped for the best. Meanwhile, they needed to watch over their daughter.

Manik and Anupam walked into their house and saw their 'informer', all ready to pounce on the food. As soon as he saw Manik, he picked his plate and started running with Manik following him with a vase.

"Manik, ruk jaa. Tera pyara dost marjayega. You don't want that do you?", he said still sprinting.

"Mein tumhara sir aaj zaroor phod dunga. Ruk jaa, Cabir", Manik roared at his best friend.

After a chase of 10 minutes and intervention of Anupam and Abhimanyu who just arrived, they finally put an end to their baseless fight. After having a merry lunch, they all settled in the study for some serious talk.

"How did the meeting go, Manik? All as we planned?", Cabir queried. Manik nodded as he said "Nobody seemed to believe that I'm Manik Malhotra, but I definitely planted a seed of doubt that maybe I'm truly Manik. Their confusion would lead them to check my background which Cabir has managed to settle, hopefully without blunders this time. They would return empty handed. Abhi would see to it that only classified information reaches the Murthys. It's sorted as of now"

"What about aafath?", Cabir asked seriously. "You deal with her, stupid. She would have definitely recognized me. I should make a move real quick, to dissuade her from her 'Mission sach ka samna'. Saale... isliya kaha tha maine tumse, get me proper details", he said stressed.