"Virgil, Logan is dead!" Janus snapped when Virgil was talking to 'Logan'
"You're so deep in your grief that you are REFUSING to even let yourself feel like he's gone! But he is, and he isnt coming back!"

"I know!" Virgil screamed. "But...its my fault he's gone. I'm the reason he got killed,"
"Virgil, that isn't true!" Patton gasped, hugging him. Virgil let out sobs as Patton hugged him. "He died because he loved you so much, he was willing to have his life taken if it meant you were safe,"

Virgil had a tight grip on Pattons shirt and just cried. Patton just rubbed his back, whispered in his ear and told him everything was ok.

But how do you recover from seeing one of your old friends...your ex boyfriend, killing the only thing in your life that made you happy? The only reason you smiled, the only thing you loved.

He just couldnt. He didnt want to believe Logan was really gone. Not so soon, or so suddenly.

"Guys...?" Remus said, rising up. He immediately got tackled by Virgil.
"You took him from me! You're a monster!" Virgil screamed, slamming his fists down on Remus' chest. "Why did you have to take him from me, why?!"
"I'm sorry!" Remus cried. "I don't know what came over me, but I'm sorry! I didnt...I didnt want to hurt you guys, I was angry. I missed you and seeing you caring about him like that, I just...I got jealous. I love you Virgil,"

"You killed the man I love. You took him from me, and now you expect me to just accept your apology?!" Virgil screamed angrily. Janus and Roman pulled him off of Remus and held the fighting boy back.
"Please leave, Remus," Patton said softly. Remus nodded and left.
"I'm gonna kill him," Virgil growled.
"Virg...just calm down," Roman said nervously

"Calm down? CALM DOWN?! That man murdered the man I love! I'm not going to calm down, not until he's dead!" Virgil shrieked. "You guys don't get it! Logan...the day he died, he'd asked me to marry him," Virgil was sobbing now. "We didnt tell anyone because we didnt get a change,"

Patton gasped and hugged him.
"You guys were engaged?" Roman breathed. Virgil nodded and wiped his eyes and cheeks.
"We'd planned on telling you when we got downstairs, but then Remus attacked and we never got the chance,"

He buried himself into Pattons chest and shoulder, holding him tight and crying.

It took a long time for Virgil to recover. It was almost 12 years before he finally accepted that the only person he loved was gone for good. But he still refused to move on, find someone else who would love him.

"Virgil...I know you loved him, but you need to move on," Roman said softly.
"No! Logan was the only one for me," Virgil snapped.
"Heh...I thought I was the only one for you," Remus mumbled, walking closer. Virgil hissed at him and had to be held back by Roman and Patton.

"What do you mean?" Roman asked his brother in anger.
"Virgil never told you?" Remus giggled evilly.
"Tell is what?"
"Remus, no! Please!" Virgil gasped.
"Virgil and I used to date," Remus snickered. Roman and Patton stared at him.

"That's...why he killed Logan. He was jealous that I had moved on," Virgil said softly. "But of course I moved on, you hit me! You hurt me everyday, yelled at me all the time and expected me to sleep with you still!" He h
glared at Remus.

"You had sex with my brother?!" Roman shrieked.
"It was over 3 years before Logan and I even started to date!" Virgil yelled back.

"That's isnt what is important! What's important is that theres a murder RIGHT THERE and we have to do something!" Patto shouted, pointing at Remus.

"I didnt mean to kill him! I don't know what happened, I blacked out in my jealousy! I just...I was so angry. I wanted you to myself,"

Virgil pulled from his friends, grabbing remus by his shirt and shoving him into the wall roughly.
"Well guess what. You are the LAST person I would date. I don't love you. I never should have in the first place. You were the worst boyfriend. I don't need someone like you in my life. Go to hell," Virgil let him go and stormed off. Patton quickly followed. Roman was standing there, watching Virgil and Patton leave. He looked over at Remus, who had slid down the wall and was crying into his knees.

"Re..." Roman said softly.
"I love him, Roman. I always have. But he hates me! I'm a horrible person who killed the one thing that made Virgil happy," Remus sobbed.

He stood up shakily and stumbled to the window of the roof where they were.
"Remus...what are you doing?" Roman demanded. His eyes widened in fear and prey as Remus climbed onto the ledge.
"Maybe...it would be better if I weren't around," he said softly.
"Remus, no!" Roman shouted. "Get down from there this instant!"

"Why should I even be alive?!" Remus screamed. "I don't deserve to be alive. I killed an amazing person because of something as stupid and childish as jealousy!"

"Please, Remus! You can't do this. Please just get down," Roman said, slowly approaching the edge.
"No!" Remus screamed, taking a small step back. He was standing on the very edge.

"Tell Virgil I'm sorry. I love you, brother," Remus whispered, taking one more step so he fell.

Roman screamed, running as fast as he could. But it was too late.

He watched as his brother fell, faster and faster.

Until he hit the ground. Roman let out a loud sob, slapping both hands over his mouth.

"Roman, what happened?" Patton asked when Roman stumbled into the room, almost an hour later.
"Remus...he jumped," Roman whispered. "He jumped off the roof,"
"What?!" Patton cried, jumping up.
"He's dead now too..."

I deeply apologize for this chapter. It was inspired by a TikTok I made while cosplaying Virgil

But I hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night
Love you all so much!!❤🧡💛💚💙💜