♪ 01. The First Day ♪

A loud female baby cries fill the hospital room and Erwin burst into tears of relief as soon as he caught a glimpse of his daughter. A tiny angel sent from heaven with a very sheer and soft blonde hair. Just from the first time, Erwin laid his eyes on his newborn daughter, he knows that he will love her for an eternity.

He turns his blue eyes to his wife and in an almost cracked voice, he whispered a thank you to his wife. His tone was gentle and warm. He told her how they have a beautiful daughter, a little angel. Through her exhaustion, Erwin's wife smiles, and she lets her eyes leave his face to take in the baby that is being brought onto her bare skin. At that moment she begins to cry the sweetest tears she's ever known, all the pain of moments and long labor before were worth it. The nurse then wrapped the baby in a (f/c) blanket before she brought her back to her parents.

"You can name our baby girl, Erwin..." His wife weakly smiled at her husband who was still amazed by his newly born daughter.

"Let's name her together, love." Erwin planted a kiss on his wife's forehead.

"Then... (Y/n)?"

"(Y/n) Smith... Yes, I love the sound of it." Erwin nodded, agreeing to name the baby with (Y/n). He took a glance at his baby again and whispered, "Your name is (Y/n) Smith, my little Angel."

Everything was perfect for Erwin Smith. Life was an easy game, he had reached the peak of his career. He became one of the most influential business owners, he married the woman he loved the most in the world and now a little angel is going to be a part of his and his wife's life too. He thought everything would only go better from now on.

But often, reality disappoints people.

After naming their baby, his wife slowly shuts her eyes closed and in the next moment, a heartbeat can not be sensed from her. Her body went cold and pale. The mother of the baby had died soon after she gave birth. Her gentle smile had gone from her face, replaced by a peaceful sleep expression. She is sleeping but she won't be waking up anymore.

Erwin knew his wife had a weak body, they knew the risk of having a baby well. But, he never thought his nightmare would be real. The only reason why he didn't want to have any children before was only that, but after the countless attempt of his wife assuring him, he finally agreed. Yet, that was still inevitable.

Erwin cried his heart out, he fell on his knees next to the bed as he held his wife's hand. A great tremor overtook him and memories of him and his wife were playing back in his mind like a movie. He stood only to kiss her for one last time on the forehead and lips. He made a promise to her dead body that no matter what, he will take care of and love their daughter.

Several months have passed since then. The funeral was attended by Erwin's and his wife's friends and families. Erwin tried his best to be strong, not only for himself but for his daughter as well.  His daughter was just born into this world, she needs her parents more than anything and now Erwin is raising her alone. He had to be both her father and mother figure.

He didn't let anyone else touch his baby angel unless it is necessary or urgent. He always brings his baby everywhere with him, even his office and his friends would lend him a hand in raising (Y/n). Erwin is trying his best to make sure that his daughter will know how much loved she is, he even showed (Y/n) her mother pictures although Erwin doesn't know if (Y/n) can remember it already or not. He only wanted (Y/n) to know that even if her mother is no longer in this world, she loved (Y/n) very much to the point where she would even risk everything for her daughter, including her own life.

Anything Erwin does right now, it's all for his one and only daughter, (Y/n) Smith.