Chapter 11: Rehabilitation Process

Giyu opened the door, and sat down by the bedside. His dull blue eyes laid upon the sleeping figure. Giyu sighed, patting her on the head.

Jeez, give me a scare Sachi why don't you? It's already been a day since you passed out from exhaustion.

Giyu was a bit surprised when she started humming in response to him patting her on the head. He smiled a bit, patting her some more.

"Make sure to wake up soon, Sachi.."

He stood up, his stoic expression returning. Giyu walked out the room, closing the door softly so he wouldn't somehow wake her up, if she even did.

~

Tanjiro would visit Sachiko, sometimes talking about his day and how Inosuke and Zenitsu were doing. Other times he would just pat her on the head and listen to her hum.

"Sachi.. When are you gonna wake up? Don't tell me you'll be asleep for a long time like Nezuko did back then..."

Sachi just hummed, but she didn't open her eyes. Tanjiro knew why they would have to sleep for so long, but he wished that Sachiko wouldn't have to go through the process.

"I have to go back to the Butterfly Manor.. Please wake up soon, Sachi.."

Humm

Tanjiro smiled weakly before standing up and walking out the door. After he closed the door, he was met face to face with Giyu.

"How is she?"

"She hasn't woken up yet but she's still responsive with her hums."

Giyu nodded, his eyes looking distant. It was obvious that he was worried. But why? Tanjiro didn't know why Giyu was so worried for Sachiko.

"Tomioka-san..How do you know Sachi?"

"We met before she turned. She was lost at a festival I attended. She was 4 at the time and I was 13... We spent the whole time trying to look for her parents.."

Tanjiro smiled. He noticed the change of tone in Giyu's voice, going from depressed to happy as he remembered the nostalgic memory.

"She must've really liked you if she was able to let you carry her. It took Sachi a long time to talk to my mother. She's a very sweet but shy girl hehe.."

Giyu nodded, agreeing with Tanjiro's statement. Back then she only talked with Giyu, but shied away from anyone else.

They both glanced at the closed door that separated them from the room that held Sachiko. They both were wondering the same thoughts.

When will she wake up again?

~

2 weeks later and Sachiko still hasn't woken up. But that wasn't the worst part either. She had stopped humming whenever she was being pat on the head.

Tanjiro and Giyu were deeply concerned but Tamayo had assured them that she's just in deep sleep.

Zenitsu was still in the medical ward in the Butterfly Manor while Inosuke and Tanjiro started their rehab training. Giyu was still watching over Sachiko, checking up on her whenever he could.

~

6 days later, Sachiko still hasn't woken up. Zenitsu had joined the other two boys in training and also started to visit Sachiko with Tanjiro.

Inosuke wanted to visit the girl and thank her for protecting him, but his guilt ate away at the motivation to do so. He felt bad.

She protected him and now she was the one who was in terrible condition. And after hearing that she had stopped responding to any form of contact, that made him feel even more worse.