Chapter 6: First Mission

Ever since Tanjiro came back, Nezuko and Sachiko had been more lively. Nezuko and Sachiko would still train together, Tanjiro watching sometimes.

Urokodaki explained to Tanjiro the possible reason to why Nezuko stayed asleep for so long.

"But then what about Sachiko? Shouldn't she have followed the same process?"

Urokodaki sighed, shaking his head.

"I believe she replenishes her energy by staying out in the sun and absorbing the sun rays, which is probably the reason why she's immune to the sun."

Tanjiro nodded. He looked back over at Nezuko who was asleep. He then glanced over at Sachiko. She was reading the pamphlets Urokodaki had given to her.

I swear on my life, I'll protect you both. I will find a cure to bring you both back to your human selves, even if it costs my life..

Tanjiro thought, before putting his head down, resting it against his knees. He fell asleep to the sound of paper gently crinkling, as Sachiko put a piece of paper underneath another.

~
It was morning when Sachiko woke up. She looked around and noticed that she fell asleep next to Nezuko.

Nezuko was still asleep, laying there peacefully. Tanjiro was nowhere to be seen, but by the trail of his scent, he seemed to be outside.

Sachiko slid the door open and walked out of the room. She was about to open the front door but Urokodaki shook his head.

He gestured her to come over to him, her obliging instantly. He handed Sachiko the wooden box that they both had been working on for Nezuko.

She examined it, obviously happy as positive energy radiated from her. Sachiko put the box down and walked back inside their room, searching for the papers that had the words and letters on it.

When she came out, she handed the papers back to Urokodaki and pulled down her bamboo muzzle.

"A-Arigato.. (T-Thank You.)"

Urokodaki smiled behind his mask, obviously proud of Sachiko since she was now able to speak.

Sachiko beamed, impressed of herself for being able to talk. She walked back into their room, feeling a bit tired. She snuggled next to Nezuko and fell asleep.

~
Tanjiro shook Sachiko gently, pulling his hand away once he noticed her start to stir awake.

She rubbed her eyes and looked at him groggily.
He gave her a smile, helping her stand and helping her put her black haori on.

Tanjiro put the box on, Nezuko already in the box. He then held Sachiko's hand as they walked outside, noticing Sachiko instantly gain energy from the sun.

Urokodaki walked outside behind them.

"Thank you, Urokodaki Sensei. For taking care of Sachiko and Nezuko."

Urokodaki nodded as he watched Tanjiro wave goodbye, Sachiko waving as well.

Take care Tanjiro, Sachiko, Nezuko...

~

It was quiet while they walked through the rice farms. Tanjiro tried to talk to Nezuko earlier but then remembered that she was probably sleeping.

He glanced over at Sachiko, who was skipping happily infront of him. He smiled at her, happy to see that she was walking with joy.

He then saw a town ahead. Sachiko stopped and walked back to his side, grabbing his hand. He nodded and held her hand as well as they walked into town.