Chapter 4: A New CareTaker

Sachiko woke up to someone lightly shaking her shoulder. Opening her eyes, she looked up to see Tanjiro infront of her and holding his hand out. She took it and they both walked out of the temple.

Urokodaki turned around to see that Sachiko was out, in broad daylight, not perishing. He nodded, not going to ask why she hasn't faded away yet, and then took off.

Tanjiro started running after him, Sachiko being dragged for a little bit before running with Tanjiro.

Tanjiro looked distressed, a bit sad, and bit guilty.
Sachiko frowned a little and squeezed his hand lightly, trying to comfort him. Her hand was squeezed lightly in response, Tanjiro looking at her with a smile.

~

After finally reaching the top of the mountain, Tanjiro let go of Sachiko's hand, putting both of his hands on his knees as he bent down, out of breath.

"D-did I pass the test?.."

Sachiko just stood there, not panting whatsoever, observing her surroundings. The sun was setting by the time they arrived at the estate.

Urokodaki slid open the door and stood at the entrance, not turning around to speak to Tanjiro.

"The test has started, We're going to climb a mountain."

Tanjiro shrieked in surprise and exhaustion.

While Urokodaki stood by the doorway, Tanjiro set up a futon for Nezuko, setting her down on it while she sleeps. Sachiko was about to walk towards Tanjiro to join them but Urokodaki shook his head. She then laid down next to Nezuko and fell asleep.

Tanjiro smiled at the sight of them sleeping next to each other, patting both of their heads before standing up.

"I'll take care of both your sister and friend. I promise."

Urokodaki stated before walking away, Tanjiro giving them one last look before sliding the door closed and catching up with Urokodaki.

~

Sachiko stood up, bored. She looked over at Nezuko, who was still asleep. Sachiko put her hand on Nezuko's head, petting her. When she heard a hum comming from Nezuko, she felt relieved and just kept petting her.

Urokodaki opened the door and entered, before closing it. He looked over at Sachiko who was petting Nezuko. He sat infront of her and turned his gaze somewhere else before speaking, preparing a meal for Tanjiro.

"Do you know how to fight, Sachiko?"

Sachiko turned her head towards him, looking at him blankly before shaking her head. He nodded in response.

"I'll teach you how fight, but right now, I'm going to cast a.. 'spell' on you, ok?"

He turned towards her, putting the plate of food down on the table. He looked at her for approval and she nodded her head in agreement to the action.

He laid her down and started the process. By the time he was done, she was asleep, next to Nezuko.
Tanjiro opened the door, all beat up, panting.

He looked over at Nezuko and Sachiko sleeping and smiled. He sat down next to Urokodaki, who explained to him about the Hypnosis he used on Sachiko and Nezuko.

~

Sachiko sat up and noticed it was morning. She turned to look at Nezuko, who was still asleep. She pat Nezuko's head before standing up and sliding the door open and walking out, closing the door behind her.

She walked outside and followed Tanjiro's scent, seeing him practice swinging his sword. She stood by a tree next to him and observed him.

Sachiko turned around, noticing that there was someone else in the area, seeing Urokodaki gesture her towards him. She gave the boy one last glance before walking towards Urokodaki.