Part 3: Personal Opinions and Q&As

I have decided to postpone the plotholes and start this section earlier since today I receive some PMs on Fanfiction.net, and I thought let's do this while I'm warmed up.

Warning! The second part is mostly my own opinions, and at least 50% of messages and talks with my readers end up in asking me, "Why?" and "What do you think of other ships or personal ideas about some certain points." So, avoid if you don't care about my views. I don't want to "Offend" anyone's headcanon.

========================================

The first part - The Questions:

Q1: Why Avernus have the silver flame purifying ability when the power later comes from Laphicet?

No, the purification power existed before Maotelus/Laphicet. The screenshot here is from a dialogue with Heerow in Normin Island when he is talking about traveling with Claudin.

 The screenshot here is from a dialogue with Heerow in Normin Island when he is talking about traveling with Claudin

Claudin had this power when he was alive. Avernus carries it in his blood.

Q2: Hyland didn't exist till Zestiria!

The Ladylake is built on the ruins "Ancient Hyland Capital". The lake is actually Perniya lake between Taliesin and Aball, which in the canon, Claudin sank Caliburn in it, and you won't hear about it in Berseria. It's mentioned in the World Guide to Berseria and it's in Japanese. Hyland was a part of the kingdom, but a civil war broke the empire into Midgand (Lohengrin), and Hyland and they disappeared after losing the war. In my story, they retreated to the far continent and then slowly returned after Innominat's disaster.

Q3: What happened to Zenrus?

That was the only interaction Avernus and Lailah had with him. If you remember, in Zestiria, Lailah said that she met him only once before. He is still around, but his involvement was it.

Q4: How "Rebirth" works? Was Innominat truly Laphi?

This part... I really don't know what was in the writer's heads. In some points, they acknowledge some are the same, in other parts, they're not.

Like they say when some reborn as malak, they're kind build upon their foundation. But in reality, it is pretty vague. Seres seems to inherit Celica's memory and definitely, Innominat is NOT Laphi. He is his own entity. In the real mythos, gods used secondary bodies to communicate with the mortal world when souls were sacrificed to them. Innominat used several sacrifices throughout the ages to keep reviving its second body and showing different personas but lost his original memory. They're like "Living masks and skins" for them.

Even Velvet promises to kill Artorius when they're visiting Celica's grave which Magilou tells her "Is this something you want to say to your sister?" Velvet replies "All the more reason that she needs to hear this." So, is Velvet consider Seres and Celica to be different? Yes. Laphicet calls Seres his "mom" when they finish watching the final earthen hysteria flashback. Is Laphicet consider Seres to be his real mom? Yes. Pretty strange, isn't it?