Azhazel

"Lauren it's not what you think it is" Robert blurted out in a nervous and shocked voice.

Lauren looked up, with a steely look in her eyes.

"You said you like my powers more? What should I think of that? Tell me" She snapped.

Jennifer stopped to stand beside her, with a sympathetic expression on her face.

"We are even now. You always said that I stole your friend. Now I have exposed your boyfriend. I saved you from him" Jennifer said more to herself than to Lauren who ignored her.

George and Jennifer walked out leaving them alone. Lauren turned to move out as well. Robert held her hand with a pleading look.

"Hey! Don't go. Let me explain myself"

"I know everything I want to know," She said in a flat tone.

"Is this about Jennifer?" Robert asked when Lauren almost crossed the threshold of his cabin.

"It's about you. You are a greedy person Robert. I wonder why I did not see that before? Maybe because you act so well" Lauren spat angry.

"I...Lauren I don't usually give anyone a second chance, you know that. Take these words back and we can still be back together" He said in just as unfriendly tone.

"I had rather go talk with George" She snapped and got out of the house.

No tears came strangely. She felt light headed and dead weight on her feet.

She never realised when the directions of her feets changed and she ended up going inside the forest. She walked and walked with no sense of direction or time and when the night came, she tripped on the ground. She stayed there, too stubborn to get up and sleep took her easily.

                     *********

"Long time no see" Estherial repeated as they sat in First city's council room. Estherial gave them a friendly smile that never touched his eyes.

"Are you not angry?" Jazen asked suspiciously looking at the food and wine served for them.

Karl sat beside him quietly staring at the Ultimate God, behind him stood the Priestess with a warm smile on her face.

"Angry? Oh those guards are useless if they end up dying so fast" Estherial said dismissively.

"So were those wards outside the city. From what I heard Charlie couldn't cross them last time. You made them weak on purpose. You knew I would come" Karl said thoughtfully.

"Sharp as usual Azhazel" Estherial called out amused.

"Call me Karl, that's what I go by now" Karl said with a venomous smile.

"Sure if that's what you want but Azhazel suits your personality"

"Let's get on with it. I want your prisoner" Karl said, cutting to the chase.

"And if I refuse?" Estherial asked, chuckling.

"I will fight you," Karl said in an obvious tone. Estherial chuckled again.

"Me as well" Jazen pressed with a tight mouth.

"Oooh. And what will you do? Make me eat dirt?"

Jazen locked his jaw and made a move to attack him. Karl pulled him down.

"Look I have plans for Charlie. Sorry, I can't return him" Estherial said seriously this time.

"Then let me talk to him once and then do what you want. Except Of Course, don't kill him. That's my job" Karl offered shrugging.

"Don't worry he isn't dying anytime soon" Estherial promised.

He motioned for them to follow him. They came back in the caves again. This time much much deeper inside. Charlie was tied with the blessed chains when they found him. He looked up from his messy curly black hairs, a look of astonishment on his face.

"What do you want? Kevin sent you?" He whispered and coughed blood.

"I have a question to ask and then you are a freeman"

"I won't fall for that. Estherial lied too"

Estherial laughed in the background.

"I swear I will" Charlie looked uncertain but opened his mouth.

"What is it?"

"Where is the knife that you used to stab Estherial and bind him?"

"Easy. Someone stole it"

"Good, stay here for the rest of your days," Karl said sharply.

"No! Please listen. I am not lying. Someone stole it" He said coughing a bit more.

"Who?" Jazen asked curiously.

"I didn't saw her from close but all I can remember is that she has bright yellow eyes like kittens"
Karl sighed tiredly and cursed under his breath, 'Not her'.

"Who?" Jazen asked.

"Now free me. It's hell in here" He said pulling at the chains.

Karl dropped the hand from his face and gave him a betraying smile.

"Can't do that sorry" He replied and turned to walk out from the room.

"What?! No you both have no honour. You scumbags. I promise I will not let this side" Charlie screamed behind him.

                    *********

Lauren flew from one dream to another. Until she entered a wide, bright and too vivid dream. She saw George smiling down at her. She smiled back but George didn't really look like himself. His gaze, his face; they seemed a bit different.

"George, what did you do to your hairs? They are too..too shiny" She mumbled confused.

George gave her a strange look then. "Who is George?" He asked with a confused smirk.

"Yes, who is George" A familiar voice that hasn't visited her dream in a while asked from right behind George.

George gave a chilling look to him. "You? What are you doing here?" He asked him in the same chilling manner.

"Why? Am I not allowed here?" Karl asked, amused.

"Karl?" Lauren asked, confused.
Now Karl gave her a confused look as well.

"Who is Karl? It's Azhazel darling"

"Get out from here" George shouted and Lauren sat up from the forest floor, out of her dream.

               ×*×*×*×*×*×*×
It's double update today!!