1

The day of my death is still extremely vivid to me. It was over 2 years ago and still scares me to this day.

I snuck into a party, following my best friend, Jeremy. He had some terrifying super computer called a SQUIP.

The party was Jake's, the most popular boy in school. I hid in the bathroom for most of it until Jeremy ran in. We did argue for a while. I wanted the SQUIP out of his head so that I could have my geeky best friend back. My crush back.

We all know how the bathroom scene went down. I mean, my name is in a world famous musical now (in an alternative universe) Except they made me live and i'm actually dead.

Every single day i watch down on Jeremy, crying. I miss him so damn much, I wish I could just go back to him. A tear falls down my face, causing another rainfall in Jeremy's town. They get rain a lot now because of me.

I hear the loudspeaker call my name. It's like a school.

"Michael Mell, please report to Asclepius this instant" I immediately get out of my chair and head over to Asclepius's throne.

"Ah, Michael! You're going back to earth, but not as a baby. Actually, you're staying your age to go visit Jeremy Heere" The news hits me like Zeus's lightning bolts. I'm- what?

"Did I hear you right? Why do I need to go down, he already knows i'm dead! And anyway, he's happy with Christine!" I whimper back. I want to go down and see him but i'm terrified of what he'll think of me.

"Lucky for you, After you died, Literally nobody cared and thought you just... left... " Asclepius tells me. Before i can answer back and question he tells me this.

"You're leaving tomorrow. Good luck!" I get dismissed and head to my room.

Thanks everyone? I mean, I get to see Jeremy again! But why is it so urgent? It sounded like Asclepius was in a rush...

I head down to the departing room and get ready to go back to the real world.

I wake up in my bed. My childhood bed in New Jersey. I mean, at least I don't have to take a plane from the Phillipines, I'm not in the mood for jet lag.

Should I text Jeremy? Christine's meant to break up with him today so he'll need comfort, but if I text him now, Christine could wait and break the whole damn universe. Okay, Okay. I'll text him.

Jere 👾❤️

Hey jere. im back!

Who's this?

Its Michael? Mell?

Is this a prank?

No!

Prove it.

How?

Meet me at the spot in 5. bring my favourite drink. and a photo of us.

Alright.
read 21:18

I leave my bed to go to 7/11 and get him a blue raspberry slushee. I check the time and I only have 3 minutes left to get there! Let me tell you, rushing along the path to make sure your best friend knows it's you really isn't a vibe.

The place is exactly like I remember it to be. Overgrown and surrounded with Trees. A hill and a gigant, clear lake at the bottom of it. I sit down at the top of the hill, watching the sunset. Something behind me in the bushes and trees rustles and starts stumble. I giggle, knowing its Jeremy.

"Exuse me...?" He asks me, tapping my shoulder

"Hey Jere." I turn around and hand him his slushee, tears in my eyes.

"O- Oh my god" He drops the blue raspberry flavoured drink and clasps his hands over his mouth, tears beading in his eyes. "I thought you, y'know... since you were gone for so long. Almost everyone thought that. Nobody knew where you went and I-" He choked on his tears and stumbled into my arms, crying on my chest.

"Shhh, shhh. It's okay, I'm here now and i'm not leaving." I took him into my arms and sat down, letting him rest his head on my lap. He carried on crying and I stroked his hair.

"What's new then?" I asked him once he calmed down.

"I- I mean Christine um, broke up with me about an hour ago... There's nothing else really. But I've really missed you. So so much." He gulped and sniffled, then took ahold oh my hand.

"Micha. I'm so sorry if i ever made you feel worthless on Halloween. I wasn't thinking and I was drunk and didn't know what was going on" He squeezed my hand and looked into my eyes, trying extremely hard to not cry.

"Hey, It's okay" I wiped the tears from his eyes. "I forgive you. This is in the past, We're in the future" I kissed his forehead.

We cuddled for a while until it got dark and we went home. Hoping i'd see him tomorrow, i asked him to meet up at 7/11 at 1pm.

Hoping.