Chp.16

We have a quick dinner, I wanted to make sure we got in as much time at the club as we could. A  nice little cafe is where we eat, and then its off to the club.

We get there and the guys are already getting set up, Wayne hurries up to go get his guitar out and set up, and I go and take my usual seat, right in front of the middle of the stage.

It doesn't take them too much longer before they are set up..... oh just looking at Wayne standing there with that gold guitar gives me the biggest grin ever, and ther he is smiling right back at me.

He says to me, "Hey Lexi! This a new one we have. Dan just wrote it up last night, I think he wanted to tease me about this guitar."

Dan turns around and gives Wayne a sarcastic glare and Wayne sticks his tounge out back at Dan, oh those sassy fools.

Dan turns back around and leans towards the microphone, "Yeah... uh... this song's called Gold"

First comes the blessing of all that you've dreamed, 
but then comes the curses of diamonds and rings.
Only at first did it have its appeal, but now you can't tell the false from the real.
Who can you trust 
(Who can you trust)

The song is kind of strange... but in a strange way that's.... calming... almost loving.....

When everything, everything, everything you touch turns to gold, gold, gold.
(Ooh, gold, woah
Ooh, gold, woah
Ooh, gold, woah
Ooh, gold, woah)

Oh Wayne and his gold..... that goofball, no wonder he teased Dan about this, I chuckle a bit, and he looks up and smiles, oh that smile, I just love it.

I'm dyin to feel again,
Oh anything at all,
But I don't feel nothin, nothin, nothin, nothin

When everything, everything, everything you touch turns to gold, gold, gold.
(Ooh, gold, woah
Ooh, gold, woah
Ooh, gold, woah
Ooh, gold, woah)

That. Was. Beautiful.

Not like I expected anything else from them, but they still blow my mind every single time.

Wayne sets his guitar down and hops off the stage, he comes and gives me a hug and a kiss.

"We've got a few more for you, their some newer things we've written and are planning to play this summer, thought we should give you them the sneak peek" he winks at me.

He hops back up on the stage, they play "Shots", "I Bet My Life", "Friction", "It Comes Back To You", and "Hopeless Opus". They all sound so amazing, I'm in love with this.

I begin to yawn and I check my phone, 1 am, already??, I think to myself. 

"Hey Wayne." I say.... "It's getting kind of late, and remember, tommorow's our last big practice before prom, we better getting going if we don't want your aunt to get mad at us."

"You're probably right" He turns to the guys, "I'll be back to pack up in a few minutes, I'm going to go take Lexi home."

"Okay, see you in a bit" they all say.

We walk out of the club and into the semi-brisk March air.

It only takes a few minutes and we're back at my place.

"Here" Wayne says, "I'll walk you up to your room"

"Oh, thank you" I say, giving him a huge hug.

We get into my room and he says, "You know, its later than I expected, My aunt has probably locked the house by now...... would it be too much if I stayed here?"

"But what about the guys? Didn't you say you would be back to help pick up?"

"There wasn't much left to do, and I got my stuff, so they should be fine."

"Okay, that's fine" I say.

We climb into my bed and he holds me tight, "I love you Lexi" he says.

"Love you too Wayne, good night"

"Good night"

We drift off to sleep, cuddled into each others arms.