43. Staying Home

Feng Mian's expression was cold as she looked at the door of the lift. She had heard a lot of things about Su Han before he was assigned to their group. Because of a case with his superior, he almost lost his job. Since then, a few years have passed and Su Han got married before he got a job in this company. At that time, he was placed in their group because of the lottery.

She thought that the rumor was untrue, but it seemed that there was part of the rumor that was true.

'I guess it's actually pretty good that I didn't have to stay in the company and deal with him again.'

Rubbing her forehead, Feng Mian knew that if she came to the company again, Su Han would surely try to deal with her. He wouldn't want any of what she saw (even if it was just the aftermath) to reach his wife's ear. It has been some time since he was trying to life a good life and become a good worker, so another rumor would surely destroy what he had built so far.

Ding!

After the lift arrived at the first floor, Feng Mian walked to the parking lot. She met her driver and returned back to Zhang Liang's Mansion in this city.

"Welcome back, Madam," Butler Lou opened the door politely.

Feng Mian smiled back in return. "I'm back. Is Zhang Liang here?"

"Master is still in the capital city. He wanted me to inform you that you should go to his mansion in the capital city tomorrow."

"I understand. May I trouble you to pack my paintings' equipment tomorrow?" Feng Mian asked. She had finished painting the three sunset, so changing the place wouldn't hinder her much.

"Certainly, Madam."

Feng Mian already ate at the party, so she headed straight to her bedroom to take a bath and sleep. When her eyes landed on the large bed, she sighed. She placed one pillow in the middle before she slept as usual. She didn't want to think about anything from work today.

...

"Mhm."

Feng Mian looked at the ceiling before her. She blinked her eyes a few times as she recalled that she was still staying in Zhang Liang's Residence. Slowly, Feng Mian readied herself before she took out the map from her bag. She needed to fill the form and submit it.

Once finished, Feng Mian walked out of the room. Butler Lou was already standing in front of her room with a smile on his slightly aged face. "Good Morning, Madam. Are you ready for the journey?"

"I need to trouble you to deliver this to the office," Feng Mian handed the envelope.

"This is?"

"It's permission to work from home. I need to submit it to the company."

Feng Mian replied. She was sure that Butler Lou already knew that she worked in Zhang Liang's office, so it shouldn't be a problem at all. Truthfully, this kind of permission didn't always work in all company because some of them would never give this kind of permission. But since the one who owned the company is Zhang Liang, Feng Mian was not worried at all.

"I understand, Madam. In the meantime, please eat first."

"Alright."

Feng Mian ate her breakfast before departing to Zhang Liang's Mansion in the capital city. Butler Lou came with her and told her that the painting equipment was already delivered in the morning. She only needed to arrange everything again when she arrived later.

The journey took two hours. Looking at the mansion before her, Feng Mian was dumbstruck. She looked at Butler Lou in disbelief.

"This is where Zhang Liang lived?"

"Yes. This is your home, Madam."

Feng Mian clicked her tongue and entered the mansion. It looked very similar to the mansion that Zhang Liang had in her city, but this mansion was almost twice the size. Thinking about the land's price in the capital city, Feng Mian sighed to herself.

Right, this man is truly rich.

"Madam, over here."

"Hm?"

Butler Lou guided her to the empty room. It was newly painted but empty with only a few boxes of Feng Mian's painting equipment on the side. It was not arranged yet because the servants were unsure how Feng Mian wanted to design the room to be.

"Master already prepared this room for you, Madam."

"This is for me?" Feng Mian was stunned. It was even bigger compared to the room that he provided her in the previous mansion. Looking at the plenty of painting material on the ground, she sighed to herself. Even though it was nothing more than a contract marriage, she felt that Zhang Liang truly spoiled her by providing her everything that she needed.

With this, even if she was not allowed to get out of the mansion for months, she might not feel that it was so bad. After all, she got the chance to paint all day.

Oh wait, she still had her work.

"Can you help me arrange the room, Butler Lou? I want a few tables and chairs here."

Butler Lou nodded. "Of course. Just tell me what you want, Madam."

With that, Feng Mian spent the rest of the day decorating her studio.

...

(A/N):

It's not Sora's Corner this time, XD. I just want to clarify that everything that I write in this novel is completely fiction and didn't base on any real life's event. Any similarities are all purely coincidences.