41. Small Celebration Party

"He's truly a great figure," Feng Mian replied.

Yu Yan flicked a glance to Feng Mian. A thought crossed her mind. "Now that I think about it, you're not one to gossip around about this matter. Is there already someone in your mind whom you like?"

"Someone I like? I think no."

Seeing how Feng Mian replied casually, Yu Yan could guess that she was serious. She sighed a bit and patted Feng Mian's back. "Don't worry, I'm sure that your family condition will get better and then you can find a man worthy of a great designer like you."

Feng Mian smiled. "I can say the same to you."

"I already have Bao Tu," Yu Yan shook her finger. "I visited his family during New Year. They're not bad."

"Oh? You have met his parents? I thought that you're only together for a few months." Feng Mian was surprised. Yu Yan didn't usually rush her romance because she wanted a partner that could accompany her for a lifetime. Yu Yan was three years older than her, but she was still single because of this principle.

Yu Yan shrugged. "He insisted, and you know that I don't really like going back home, so I accepted."

"I see."

Even though Feng Mian was not totally clear about Yu Yan's family, she had heard about them from time to time. Yu Yan didn't have a harmonious relationship with her family because of some reasons. Feng Mian herself also didn't like to tell much about herself, so the two of them rarely told the serious matter of their family. Because of that, their knowledge over each other's background was limited.

"Let's go to our small table. I'll get over some food."

"I'll take the drinks."

Feng Mian was not close to other people in the company. She also didn't have much interest to do so. Even though they didn't treat her harshly, she could recognize the slight disgust they showed on their eyes when she tried to talk with any of them.

They didn't want her to get so close to any of them.

Even though Feng Mian didn't know much, she could guess that many of them were looking down on her because of her background. Some of them were already here from the time she was still an intern, so they had seen that she was working so hard just to fulfill the requirement. When she was late, some knew she had to work while others spread other rumors.

The two women picked the food and drink before they headed to their small tables. Feng Mian looked at Yu Yan apologetically.

"Sorry for involving you."

"Nah, it's fine. I don't really like socializing with them too," Yu Yan waved her hand. "Besides, after you left, I'll be able to visit the higher ups and have a chat with them."

Feng Mian nodded. The directors usually finished later, so they only joined after the party was halfway done. Yu Yan often talked with them about the project and because of their personality, she matched them well.