10. No Longer any Different

Feng Mian didn't know how long the silence lasted until Zhang Liang opened his mouth and replied, "Fine."

Internally, she sighed in relief for she understood that she was betting with her life whenever she asked something from this president. He was someone who was capable of disposing her with just a thought because his background and power allowed him to do so, yet she didn't want to give up on this point. She needed a future for herself.

Once the contract time limit was over, she would return back to her ordinary life. At that time, she certainly needed the work experience and good resume or no company would hire her. She didn't want to die on the street after she had concluded the deal with him.

At this time, she had completely forgotten that she could just ask money from him. A million dollars would be more than enough to keep her alive for more than a decade and that amount was nothing more than a drop in the bucket of water for Zhang Liang.

"Anything else you want to ask?" Lawyer Zhou asked again.

Feng Mian tilted her head. "Will there be any wedding ceremony?"

"No."

"Just signing the certificate and taking a picture?"

"Yes."

"Also, can you keep it a secret from my mother?" Feng Mian recalled her mother. She knew that her mother wouldn't want to see her daughter got married for the sake of money. Even if it was just a fake marriage that has a time limit, it would be better for her to not mention it to her mother.

Zhang Liang arched his eyebrows. "And what do you want to tell her about the money you get?"

"I'll just say that I have advance payment from my new job," Feng Mian replied hurriedly. She had no choice but to keep the detail about her new job a secret from her mother, though.

"Fine."

"Anything else to ask?" Lawyer Zhou asked. He felt weird when he heard Feng Mian's question. Everything she asked seemed to be so trivial and not of that much of importance.

Feng Mian asked a few more questions about her schedule and so on. They also arranged for her to move to Zhang Mansion next week after Zhang Liang announced it to his family. Afterwards, she signed the paper and Lawyer Zhou took it to keep with him.

"Here's the marriage certificate."

"What?"

Seeing the two red books on the table, Feng Mian was utterly speechless. Did he.... forge them?

"It's legal and I already have your signature. All that's left is just the picture," Zhang Liang explained calmly. For him, handling that was simple because he just needed to make a call.

Feng Mian stood up. "Now?"

"Are you sure you want to look like that in the picture?" Zhang Liang shook his head.