The Great Escape.

Börja om från början

           "I know," I sighed. No, you don't know, my conscience shot back at me. Fidgeting with my hands, I made eye contact with Bruce, preparing myself for what I was about to say next. "I shouldn't have kept it away from you. Since we are on the 'no secrets' term, I should inform you on what Loki told me."

         Everyone's eyes shot towards me. Pushing the guilt aside, I took a deep breath. "He's planning to escape."

                 Tony laughed, rolling his eyes at the idea of Loki escaping. "He couldn't, even if he tried."

              "He did it once, didn't he?" I pointed out. Tony's laughter came to a halt as he realized that I was right. Everyone did. And soon, I found myself spilling out lies and more lies. 

**

             After breakfast, I didn't go back to my apartment. I drove straight to the address I had gotten a hold of. S.H.I.E.L.D does not keep certain things private. Well, technically, I didn't ask for the information. I just hacked my way into it. I walked up the front steps of my destination and knocked on the door in a short rhythm. I wasn't expecting a woman who seemed a few years older than me to the answer the door. "Is Jared here?"

        "Yeah, uh, come in." The woman replied as she stepped aside and let me in. My eyes wandered about the house that was painted a light blue color. To my right, was a living room decorated with antiques and a shelve full of books. To my left, was a hall way that led you into the kitchen.  "Jared! Someone is here to see you!"

            Straight ahead, were wooden stairs. The woman turned to me. "I'm Joyce, Jared's sister. And you are?"

          "Oh. I'm Eryn. I work with your brother." I said as I laid out my hand for her to shake. She smiled at me as she did so.

           "Well, it's nice to meet one of his co-workers. I was beginning to think Jared's job was a whole lie. I mean, he barely tells me anything about it! So where do you-"

          Jared came running down the stairs, scolding his sister for her commentary and interrupting her with a look. Joyce smirked and with a roll of her eyes, she walked away. Jared led me to the living room. He narrowed his eyes at me. "How did you get my address?"

             "I have my ways." I grinned. After the words sunk in, I realized just how creepy that must have sounded. "In a non-stalkerish way of course!"

             "You don't have to stalk to me to get my attention," Jared nervously laughed. I laughed at his failed attempt of a cheesy line. Recovering from what he said, he let out a sigh. "So...what are you doing here?"

               "We need to talk about Loki."

                "Here?"

               "It's the only safe place."

            Jared nodded after a thoughtful pause. Glancing around the room, his gaze stopped at me and he motioned for me to follow him. I followed him down the hallway that led to the kitchen to walk down into yet another hallway before stopping at a window-like door. From the outside, I could see that it was a home office. Jared opened the door and I walked in, sitting in the desk chair.