CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Start from the beginning

"Well, those kids are gonna grow up demented." I muttered and we left following Aang to a big crowd.

"Aang hold on, where are we going?" Katara asked.

"I don't know, but there's a big crowd so it must be good!" He said.

"Knowing the Fire Nation, it's probably an execution." Sokka said.

We got to the front and watched the firebender do a magic trick. Aang said he had to learn the trick so when the magician asked for a volunteer, he eagerly volunteered.

"Aang, stop." I whispered.

"What are you doing?" Sokka asked.

"I wanna get a closer look." Aang answered.

"It's better if we don't draw any attention to ourselves." Katara whisped.

"How about you little lady!" The man pointed to me. I shook my head. "Aw she's shy, let's give her some encouragement folks!" The crowd cheered and some kid pushed me. forward and the guy pulled me up.
"This next trick is called taming the dragon!" The guy said and sat me in the chair. "You will be my captured princess."

I held a thumbs up but I was nervous, As long as he doesn't use fire, I'm safe. The guy tied me down to the chair and more panic filled my body.
He created something that resembled a dragon. "Don't worry young maiden, I will tame this fiery beast!" He created a leash with more fire and did-so. I don't see why he even needed a volunteer. "It's too strong I can't hold it, the rope it's breaking."

Me and my big mouth.

The fire was coming right at me and I couldn't move my hands then Aang got in the middle and airbended the fire which turned into confetti. The crowed boo'ed Aang but he did a dance while Sokka untied me.

"Hey, that kids the Avatar!" Someone called out and the guard came towards us.

"I think it's time to go." Sokka said.

"Follow me I can get you out of here." Some guy in black said.

I grabbed Aang and Katara since they were most likely to follow. "We don't know him, it could be a trap."

"We don't have another choice, Kaida." Katara said.

"There they are!" A guard shouted.

We followed the guy and Aang used the bison whistle to call Appa. It was a dead end and the man didn't know, as the guards spotted us he threw a bomb and we continued to run, to another dead end of fire works, the guards were catching up when Appa got here and we climbed on, the guy threw another bomb lighting up the fireworks.

"Nice touch setting off the fireworks." Aang told the man.

"You seem to really know your explosives." Sokka told him.

"I'm familiar." The guy said.

"You're a Fire Nation soldier!" Sokka pointed out.

"I told you! He was sketchy!" I told them.

"Was." The guy said. "My names Chey."

We landed and set up camp. "I sereve a man, more than a man really, he's a myth but he's real." Chey said. "Jeong Jeong the Deserter, he was a Fire Nation General... or wait, was he an admiral?"

"He was very highly ranked, we get it." Sokka said.

"Yeah!" The guys said. "But he couldn't take the madness! He was the first person to ever leave the army and live. I'm the second but you don't get to be a legend because of that, it's okay though." Chey continued.

He sure knows how to ramble.

"Some say he's mad, but he's not, he's enlightened." Chey said.

Aang said that Jeong Jeong could train him but Sokka didn't want to go find the firebender. Chey said that Jeong Jeong was the perfect person to train the Avatar and that's why he followed us into the festival.
Sokka thanked him but told him we were leaving for the North Pole in the morning. Aang said this could be his only chance to learn firebending and Katara told Sokka that it wouldn't hurt.

"Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me!?" Sokka cried out.

"Welcome to my world." I said just then we were surrounded by guy's with spears.

The men were getting Chey and we followed them. Jeong Jeong only wanted to talk to Chey so we had to wait outside.
As we waited my mind drifted to thinking about what Aunt Wu said maybe that was it. It seemed to short to be it but then again shouldn't I be happy? I sighed and leaned against the wall. We were taken to a small hut where we laid on the floor.
Chey came back and told Aang that Jeong Jeong wouldn't see him and that he was mad that he brought Aang here. Sokka was relieved to hear that and suggested we hit the road. Aang asked why Jeong Jeong wouldn't see him and Chey said that he wasn't ready because he hadn't mastered waterbending or earthbending.

"Wait how does he know that?" Aang asked.

"He saw they way you walked into camp. He can tell!" Chey said.

"Wow, he can tell by a walk." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm going in anyway!" Aang said and walked out.

"So I guess we're staying." I said and shrugged. I lie back down and fall alseep.

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-Edited; 7/9/21