CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

   "Wow, thanks, Kaida!" He smiled.

   "I also know you have a fat crush on Katara." I smiled when he blushed but didn't deny it. "Hey, if you and Katara do get married in the future, we'll actually be related!"

   "You think Katara and I will get married?!" He asked happily the both of us smiled at each other.

   "Avatar, you have to leave!" I looked over the saddle at the scared looking sister.

   "Okay, I get it everybody wants me gone!" Aang said.

   "Aang, Wait." I told him. "What's the matter, sister? You look terrified."

   "A group of people came to the abbey looking for you!" The sister told us.

   "Who?!" Aang asked.

   "A fierce looking woman with a horrible monster." She replied "And a young man with a scar."

   "Zuko." Aang and I said at the same time.

   "The beast was using the scent of a necklace to follow you." The sister told us.

   "My mother's necklace." I said. "Do you think my scent is still on Katara's necklace?"

   "Katara?!" Aang gasped and we flew back to the abbey.

   As we got there Aang took his glider and I took his spot to drive Appa, we spotted the animal that the sister mentioned. "Aang, wait it's a shirshu." I said but he already dived down, I facepalmed and shook my head.
   "Why does no one pay attention?!" I asked. "All right guys we're going down." Appa dived down. The shirshu tried to hit Aang with it's tongue but struggled. "Aang, be careful of the tongue it can paralyze you from the neck down."

    The animal stood on it's hind legs dropping everyone on it. The lady hit it with a whip to get up and I rolled my eyes. It was going after Aang but Appa ran at it and rammed it against wall.

   "Good boy!" I smiled and jumped off, I glanced at my siblings to see they were fine but Katara was now missing her neckalce. I looked over and saw Zuko had both pieces in his hands.
Zuko and Aang were fighting. "Hey! Firebrain." I shot water at him and he looked at me. "I want my mother's necklace back!"

   "So this is your girlfriend?" The lady asked and we looked at her.
GiRlFrIeNd?! "No wonder she ran away from you, she's way too cute for you."

   I turned back and the three off us started to fight and attacked at the same time causing an explosion sending us flying and we crash onto the roofs. I grumbled at the pain but saw Zuko running towards us.

   "Get up, Aang!" I nervously said as I pulled out water. We dodged all of Zuko's attack and Aang started to use air blasts and I helped with a water blast.
   We were gonna follow Zuko down but then the shirshu came up and we ran away. We were ran to a water well. I got more water and ran to get some distance.

   "You've got something I want." Aang said.

   "Aang, no!" I called but he got closer dodging the firebenders blows. They started fighting on the edge of the water well. "No one listens." I grumbled to myself and ran over shoving Zuko in. Aang jumped in behind him.
   "Aang!" I whined furiously but moved as the well erupted. Aang landed perfectly and Zuko slammed down on the ground. "Stop being so reckless!" I told the kid but then we had to run as Zuko shot at us.

   Appa got in the way and then was being struck by the lady. I gathered the water from the well and blasted her off after it was too late.

   "I'm sorry, Appa." I said and pet him. I looked over at my siblings and ran over. "If we wanna take down Zuko, we have to take that thing down."
The sister made them sniff something and they got up. "Shirshu's use their noses to see."

   "So let's give it something to see." Sokka smirked.

   "Perfume?" The sister asked and then they brought out tubs of it and they spilled it while Katara and I spread it everywhere.

   The shirshu panicked and attacked Zuko and June. Iroh caught her and I was surprised he didn't catch his nephew.
   We walked over to Aang and smiled at our work. I walked over to Zuko my arms crossed in front of me.

   "Master of tracking the Avatar but you'll never get him." I said he glared at me and I saw him holding one necklace Aang had the other half. "Aw my necklace. Thanks, I really missed it."
   I took it from his hands blowing him a kiss. "Thanks for holding onto it for me, don't go around telling people I'm your girlfriend." I walked back to the others hugging my siblings.

   We got on Appa and started flying away, the sister's assured us that they would clean up the mess.

   "Soo.. Where do we go?" Aang asked.

   "We're getting you to the North Pole." Katara replied and I smiled at them.

   "Yeah, we've lost too much time as it is." Sokka added.

   "Don't you wanna see your father?" Aang asked looking back at us.

   "Of course we do, Aang." Sokka said. "But you're our family too and right now you need us more."

   "And we need you." Katara told him with a smile.

   "I wish I could give you a little piece of home, Katara." Aang said. "A little something to remind you."

   "I'll be okay." Katara said.

   "Still just a little trinket maybe...like this!" He held up her necklace.

   "Aang, How'd you get that?!" She took it back and put it on.

   "Zuko, told me to make sure I got it to you." Aang replied and I chuckled.

   "Aw that's so sweet of Zuko, will you give him a kiss from me when you see him?" Katara teased.

   "Sure." Aang said and she kissed him on the cheek which made him blush and I held up a thumbs up.

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-Edited; 7/9/21