Bravery

Angstiness everywhere! (Is that even a word..?)  Prepare for the feels! Kidding! Read on, I'm ranting now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rain started falling. She should have known that all of this was too good to be true. A figment of an old fleeting fairytale. A fairytale that was never possible. She heard voices in the distance, she didn't know if it was just her imagination or if they were real voices. Calling out to her, saving her from this never ending nightmare of pain, sorrow, and suffering.
All of it seemed to be a big blur, everything was happening too fast. As a child, Juvia always dreamt of a family and friends who would care for her and accept her. But most of all, she wanted love. Not the love of Master Makarov for his children, not the friendly love Erza, Lucy, and the other girls in the guild have for her, but the love of her significant other. That feeling of a million butterflies in your stomach when he comes near, the sparks that somehow ignite when your lips meet, the way her heart would beat uncontrollably when he whispers soothing nothings into your ear.
She thought she found it.

But Gray, was just like everyone else who treated Juvia like dirt. Toyed with her for some time, then threw her away and forgot about her. 

She wished she was one of those girls who would still have her head held high even after a break-up, she would casually walk  away from him and smile. Saying, "I'll see you tomorrow at the guild and maybe we can have some coffee?" Placing in a small wave sashay of the hips.
But no, because she loved this man. She loved him more than life itself and it was impossible to forget him. Because her whole life was mostly about him. Revolving around his dark lapiz lazuli irises, his inky untamable hair, his tall yet lean build, his determination to fight for his friends, and simply everything about him makes her weak  in the knees. 

Her legs seemed to move of their own accord, she had no control of any her limbs whatsoever. Forcing herself to stand, she staggered a bit. Her feet felt wobbly like the floor underneath her feet was crumbling, contemlatig whether to suck her in or not. A snicker from the viper beside Gray made it's way to her ears. It wasn't friendly or teasing. It was amused.
"What pathetic scum you are," she started " the likes of you, dating Gray? Ha! What were you thinking actually? Just look at yourself! I don't know what he saw in you. You're a slut, that's what you are." A grin made it's way up to her face, she was clearly amused with the results she was getting. 

Her words were like a stab to the chest. It hurt, and Gray was simply standing there.
Juvia's tears flowed harder, and so did the rain. It was a downpour outside, but she didn't mind. The next thing she knew a silver sword barely missed Gray's face, cutting off the tips of his raven hair in the process. A sharp pain shot through her left temple, she fell to the dirt and everything went black.

She woke up with a start. Her hands clutched the bedsheets like it was her lifeline, her breath coming out in short pants.  A hand made it's way to her left temple, surprisingly it was bandaged.
Juvia heard the door open and Mirajane came strolling in, in her hands a tray of food. Her smile was present, but her eyes held guilt, frustration, and sorrow. 
Her baby blues gave away whatever she was hiding. "Mira, what happened?" her voice sounded dry and raspy. 

Mirajane approached her with a glass of water and sat down beside her. Mira took one of her pale hands and encased it in her own. "Juvia, I'm sorry." Mira bit on her lower lip, a habit she did when she was worried. "Gray, he cheated on you with Ultear." she continued. Her grip on Juvia's hand tightening. Juvia's eyes pooled with tears again, but she refused to let them flow. Not now, she told herself.

She was done with crying. She was done with being weak.
"Damn it, Mira! I know that already!" Her tone raised two octaves, Mira flinched.
"Erza and I.. Well we didn't take it lightly. Natsu and the others had to stop us before we went too far. Gray's in the next room. He had about three broken ribs, a black eye, a twisted wrist, and lots of other injuries. Erza started trashing the guild, we had her sedated. I stopped, because no mater how much I wanted to hate on Gray, he was still nakama. He was still family. But that doesn't mean he can do that to you, Juvia.
I may be the matchmaker in this guild and I know a good couple when I see one. Gray still loves you, you just have to be brave enough to make him realize that. If he doesn't, it's his loss. You're an amazing person and Gray's a dumbass if he can't see that." the water mage reached for the glass on the bedside table, finishing it in two gulps Juvia already knew and felt that familiar bravery stirring inside her. The guild might not take it well, but she needs this. For Gray and for herself. 

Throwing the covers off her, she said something that made Mira's heart break. 
"I'm leaving Mira. I'll start being brave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~O.O~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gray still loves you, you just have to be brave enough to make him realize that. I love that line!
This chapter's kinda angsty. School's back! We are travelling to Tartarus again! Yippee! 
Tell me if what Mira and Erza did to Gray was a bit too much, hahhaahha... Sorry Gray!
It was a bit hard for me to write this chapter, honestly.
Hate? Love? 
Thanks for the support you guys keep giving! I'm nothing without it really. 

Love you guys sooo much! 
Sayonara! :)
*Krystal*