A cowboy au

In the small farm town the polk family lives on a farm growing all kinds of fruits and vegetables. Corn, strawberries and apples to name a few. They also have there own horses that each kid takes care off. They town doesn't really like them but they got the stores around to buy there food.

One of the worst family's was the one on the farm next to them. the Lawrence's. They raise and sell cows, wool, and meat. But there also vary racist. Mrs. Lawrence and Mr. Lawrence was basically trash and making there two sons just as trash. There youngest son was in Norman's class. He was a worst kinds of people. Always going on with them slurs to him and his family.

Lately ma and pa been noticing someone's been stilling And eating there crops. They'd find some gone missing from there spot or half eaten to mostly eating scraps around there land. Pa says once he finds the dirty theft he'd make them work there ass off to pay for them. Weeks go by and it continues.

Norman woke up to the horses going crazy. He got up and quickly puts on warm clothes then went out to check. What he saw made his blood boil. That rude Lawrence kid was snatching up there apples. Most likely trying to sabotage them! "Hey!" Norman yells.

The boy turns around so fast he almost fell over. His eyes widen with fear. Then he ran.

"Oh no you don't!" Norman chases after him. He was much faster then him and quickly catches and throw him down, pinning him.

"G-get off me you stupid monk-" Norman punched him in the side before he could finish. Then to his surprise the boy starts sobbing and blocking his face begging for him not to hurt him.

"If you can deal with the consequences of your actions then maybe you should watch your m-" Norman sees the boys shirt Darken by the second. He could tell in the moonlight that wasn't sweat ether. The boy was hurt. Badly.

"What's going on?! What's all that noise!" Norman heard his pa say.

Norman looks at his pa "it's the Lawrence boy. He's hurt. Really hurt!"

Norman's pa enters the house, carrying the Lawrence boy as Norman follows. Everyone else is already up and watches there father lay the Lawrence kid on the table. They can all hear his soft aching pleas of not to touch him.

Their ma comes in and gently pulls up the shirt and everyone was shocked at what they saw. The poor boy had been whipped many times. And they're fresh. Hours old. But they can see the scars of more. As well as burns. "Sweet Jesus..." ma comments. "Emma go get the first aid."

Everyone's heart shatters as they hear the Lawrence boy cries in pain and the sound of his lashes sizzling. Norman never seen this side of the boy. This scared, vulnerable side. He walks over to him and holds his hand for him to squeeze. And the boy did and he continues to cry.

After there ma did everything she could for the boy she puts a light blanket over him and a pillow under his head. "Y'all get to bed now." She told her children. "Let him rest up. The pill well help him sleep." Everyone obeyed but Norman. He was worried for him. "You to Norman. He'll be ok for now." She assured him. He looks at his ma then nods heading to bed.
————
The morning everyone got up and went to do there chores. Mrs.polk walked up to Sammy to check on him. "How you holding up son?"

"Fine.." Sammy looks away. He hated to show emotion.

"Come on. Let's gets you up for breakfast." She kindly helps Sammy to a chair and started to set the table. Sammy watches her set the table and cook something in a pan. It made his stomach growl smelling it. Ma looks over at him. "I'm s-sorry m-ma'am.." he mumbles.

"Son. It's ok to be hungry and it's ok to eat. I don't know what goes on over at your house. But here is a good place." Ma smiles at him then gives him an egg to ty him over until the polls are done with chores and shower.

At breakfast Sammy notice everyone talking to each other. No one was scared to talk and have fun. Of corse Mrs. Polk scoffed at them for time to time but there was no hitting, no beatings, no whipping. None of that. He saw how much love there was for everyone. It was fair. He wish he had a good family. One that cared and loved him. Hell they won't even looking for him!

Sammy got up and ran outside. Everyone stops and looks at the door he just went out of. "What's wrong with him?" Emma ask.

"Everyone stay and finish your food. The bus will be here soon." Ma got up and went outside. She looks over and saw Sammy on the swing crying. She came over and sits beside him. "You wanna talk about it son?" She ask.

"It's not fair...why do I have to suffer while y'all get a nice loving family! It's bull shit!" Sammy cries harder.

"I know life is unfair. It can be cruel even. But think of the good things." Ma says to him.

"Pfff good things. What good things?" Sammy crosses his arms.

"Well you meet Norman and us. And we got to those lashes in time. And you have me as your ma."

Sammy glances at her. "Y-you want me to join your family..? Even after how I treated you for so long...?"

"Well you grew up around racist. But people can change by having new experiences. Plus I have to know a child is will taken care up. So yes."

Sammy stares at her then hugs her tightly. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Sammy staid.

Ma smiles and pats him gently not to hurt him. " Your welcome dear."

After that Sammy goes to the polks everyone day after school. They would play games like hide and seek in the corn filled, tag. Or horse shoes. Sammy would even help them with chores when he stayed over, learning how to plant And harvest the food and how to take care of horses.

Him and Norman would walk in the creak or swim in the pond on hot days. On colder days they would skip rocks or make out behind a tree.
———
As the two grew older they bought there own farm doing a little bit of both for there childhood farms. They owned horses and sheep's and planted a few things for food. They also owned a few dogs to. Sammy was humbled to have people who love him. And he turned out for the better.