One

Sakusa's POV

I live in a world, a cruel world filled with germs. My mother, or the queen, passed away when I was young due to a large toll on her body from casting a spell of some kind during the war. My father, or the king, was focused on raising a powerful king. Apparently he was a chill king until my mom died and became more focused on power. Since I was the only prince, I had training to be able to take over the kingdom when my father passes away. I absolutely hated anything that involved touching people and filthy items, so as long as it avoided those things, I would do his training. Since I was 16, turning 17 March 20th, it meant in a still a little over a year, I would have to marry someone, or my soulmate, who I still haven't met. I was furious with that decision but decided it was best not to argue with my father.

Apparently today the Inarizaki Kingdom's royal family was arriving today to celebrate due to us officially establishing a peace treaty. We were at war for a long time and it recently ended around a year ago. It was decided that we were gonna have a peace treaty to avoid wars in the future. I didn't participate at all with giving commands and such during the war, my father prohibited it since I was still a "foolish" teenager.

While I was lost in a book I was reading when I heard someone was knocking. Who else other than my cousin Komori. "Kiyoomi! Open the door!" He yelled. That made me snap out of my thoughts. I walked over to the door and opened to see him smiling. I let him in since he was one of the only people I let in.

"What do you want," I said more sternly than I wanted.
"Don't be like that! Apparently the Inarizaki Kingdom's royals are arriving today!" He said.
"Yeah I know, I'm being forced to attend the celebration with them tomorrow."
"Apparently the princes are twins and the older of them already found their soulmate. They're gonna get married soon."
"What about the other twin? Did they die or something?"
"No he didn't die," he said giggling. "Apparently the younger one doesn't have a soulmate."
"How is that possible? Everyone has a soulmate no matter what method it is of finding them."
"Dunno, seems like a curse was placed on him."
"One of our powerful witches must of cursed him then... maybe during the war?"

We for the rest of the time discussed random topics. It went from what could of happened caused that prince to be cursed to random funny things that happened during nobel or royal events. "I remember that happening, it was pretty hilarious," I said smiling. It was sunset when he came over to my room and now it's dark out. We heard a knock on the door and I went over to the door and opened it. "Sir, you have to report to the throne room. The Inarizaki Kingdom's royal family has arrived." A butler told me. I look at Komori who just waved me away. "Go greet them, I'll be here waiting." With that I just left my room, following my far behind the butler.

-

Atsumu's POV

I was talking with my parents and brother in the carriage when our driver told us we have arrived. I looked out and saw the beautiful castle. 'Woah, it's magnificent.' The castle huge and the gates were opened. There was a lot of guards out with spears, swords, and what seemed like staffs. The color theme was definitely green, yellow, and white because of the guard's uniforms and the flags out in the walls. We were just able to go though without any problems.

"Okay your majesties. We've arrived." I heard the driver say when the horses were put to a halt. We climbed out of the carriage and started walking to the doors of the castle. Upon entering, we were greeted by maids and butlers and were escorted by I'm assuming the head butler to the throne room.

Osamu and I were whispering absolute nonsense and our parents were just focusing on getting there. After what felts like a few hours, we arrived at a huge door. The butler opened that door and what was beyond it was the king sitting down on his throne and I'm assuming the prince, sitting down on his. I heard the queen died years ago and the king didn't want a new queen since she was his soulmate. The prince was absolutely stunning, he immediately caught my eye.

We lined up and bowed down. "Hello King Mamoru. Nice to finally be able to speak to you peacefully." Said my father. "Nice to speak to you too King Yasahiro." The king spoke, standing up from his throne to bow down. My mom nudged both my brother and I, "Ya should go speak to the prince.?Meanwhile the can adults talk. Who knows maybe you can become friends." Osamu and I nodded walked over to the prince. I was most definitely nervous but I didn't want to show I was nervous, that would mean losing to Samu. Though, of course, Osamu picked up on my nervousness and smirked.

"Ello there, I'm Miya Osamu," Osamu started off knowing that would make me made. I elbowed him and said calmly, "Heya, I'm Miya Atsumu." He seemed awkward and backed up a little. "I'm Sakusa Kiyoomi, nice to meet you two." He said in quite the monotonous voice. Honestly I found him much more handsome now that I'm closer to him. "Nice to meet you too." Samu said. 'I wanted to be the one to say that.' I pouted slightly but immediately replaced it with a smile. "So what do you want to talk about?" I asked. "Gosh Tsumu, you're so awkward." Samu laughed at me. "Shaddup, you did that when you met Suna." I snapped at him. "Mind me asking, who's Suna?" Sakusa said with a questioning voice. "Oh that's Samu's soulmate. He was a total coward when we realized he was his soulmate so I had to do the talking for him." I said smirking. "Shut up ya idiot." He snapped back at me.

We ended up having a really great conversation and ended up becoming friends. Well more or less great conversation. Sakusa was sometimes joining in on roasting me specifically and less Osamu. We were told that we're gonna be guided to our rooms so we had to drop the conversation. My parents followed a maid to their room, Osamu followed a butler, and I needed up following Sakusa. Why? Honestly I didn't know until he said that my room is going to be next to his. "Thank you for showing me to my room Sakusa." I said with a smile. "No problem Miya-san." He replied in a monotonous voice. "Hey! I said to call me by my first name and no honorifics!" I said in a fake offended voice. "Fine, Atsumu-san." He said walking into his room. 'I just said- never mind. Good enough.' I walked into the room and just fell asleep.

-

Third person POV

Atsumu was asleep and all he dreamt was his usual. In his princely outfit and white chrysanthemums. An endless field field of them. He always saw the beautiful moon and always appreciated the beauty of this dream. He knew the white chrysanthemums didn't exactly have a good meaning behind them but he ignored that. He walked around for the rest of the dream.

Sakusa was talking to Komori before he said he should go to his room in the castle. "Tell me what happens in your dreams today. You have quite the interesting dreams." Komori said before exiting Sakusa's room. Sakusa had a dream journal and most of his dreams were quite funny. He usually told Komori about them and they laughed together.

Sakusa fell asleep not long after Komori left his room. He saw Atsumu wandering around a field of a type of flower. He didn't know what the flower was called since he wasn't exactly into flowers.

-

(a/n: ahh yes, the story of the past. just so you know, right now atsumu only has the curse of no soulmate, it'll merge with another curse that is placed on him later on in the story.)