𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

Once Bella finished her bathroom routine, she went back into her room and put on the first thing she saw inside her closet which was a burgundy knitted sweater, a pair of her fitted black jeans, with her old worn-out high top black converse. To top it all off, she settles for a high ponytail as she quickly tied it up before grabbing her books and bag and headed downstairs to where she saw her Aunt in the kitchen with a big smile on her face.

"Happy birthday!"

Kill me now.

Lena then engulfed her in a big hug. Bella sigh and slowly hugs her back. "Thanks, Aunt Lena."

"I'm so glad that we're actually celebrating this year. I'm also glad that Alice is throwing you a party!" Lena squealed like an excited child. Sometimes, her Aunt reminds her so much of Alice.

"Yeah, I guess," Bella mumbles.

Lena noticed the long look in her nieces' eyes and her smile died down. "Bella, if you don't want to celebrate —"

Bella shook her head. "No, I want to. It's just..." Bella couldn't finish her words.

"I know, Bells. I know," Lena placed her hand on Bella's shoulder. "But, this is what your mother would want. For you to celebrate your birthday and to be happy on this joyful day," Lena smiles again.

Bella nodded and smile back, more like it was forced. "You're right."

A month has gone by since Lena have given Bella the two letters from her parents and she has yet to open and read them. She keeps them both stashed inside the drawer filled with her pajamas. She hasn't had the heart to open them just yet and today wasn't going to be the day since it was her birthday.

Three quick knocks on the door are what interrupted their conversation.

Bella gave her Aunt one last look before opening the door to which it reveals the definition of perfection. Every time she sees his face, it was like looking at him for the first time. She could never get used to his beauty.

Her eyes traced over his pale white features; the hard square of his jaw, the softer curve of his full lips twisted up into a smile now. Bella eventually looked to meet his eyes, knowing that she'll be in a trance.  They were wide, warm with liquid gold.

He just went hunting last night, to which Bella practically had to force him as he was unwilling to go. Edward was still on edge about the whole Victoria problem and he would always be extremely hesitant to leave her aside especially since Alice can't see Bella's future.

Edward's cold stone hand reach for Bella's hand as Bella did the same. He places both of their hands on top of her cheek as his hand softly caresses it.

"Morning," Bella breathes out.

"Good morning, birthday girl," Edward's lips widen, almost like he was teasing her.

That's when Bella's trance broke as she glared at him.

Before Edward left last night to go hunting, he stayed until the exact time she was born, 2:32 am, before telling her happy birthday. He wanted to be the first one to tell her that.

"You already told me that last night," Bella states.

"I wanted to tell you again."