𝐢𝐢. 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

"You got this, just a little more before the baby comes out," Lena assures her little sister as she was peeking over to see the progress. Her Aunt didn't look that much different from how she looks now. Even back then, Lena still has that youthfulness in her eyes. Regardless of her true age.

That's when it happened. Her mother did one last push before the wails of cries came out of her uterus. Time stopped as everyone stared at the beautiful baby before them.

"It's a girl." That was her father speaking for the first time.

Bella then suddenly stopped crying. Her deep blue eyes were looking all over the room that she was in — for the very first time she was seeing everything so clearly. It was almost as if her eyes were magnified glasses as she was observing every aspect of the room.

Her eyes went from her Aunt, her father, and last, the woman who carried her for two months, her mother. Her amazingly courageous mother.

"She's...beautiful," she breathes out, almost like she was gasping for air that wasn't there.

That was how Arabella got her name.

Her mother looked at her with so much love, so much warmth as she was staring into the eyes of her lovely little daughter with the smallest smile that she was able to offer before her eyes held nothing...

Bella woke up, startled, as her eyes opened wide as she was gasping heavily in the comfort of her pitch-black bedroom. The second her eyes open, her eyes immediately adjusted in the dark. Bella was still breathing roughly as she was trying to calm her ferocious heartbeat. She places her hand on top of her chest. Was it possible for a hybrid to have a panic attack?

Bella look to the left side of her bedside table and her small clock read 5:54 am. Just a few more moments before she would have to wake up for school.

Her dream-like nightmare woke her up as she was unfortunately faced with today's date to which she has been dreading all year long.

Her birthday.

Just thinking about it makes her want to run away for the day and come back when the day's over.

She would always refuse to celebrate her birthday — she would even beg her Aunt to pretend that it wasn't her birthday as her very own present.

To others, people would assume she's being dramatic, but this day actually causes pain. Or at least it used to when she was much younger. Bella doesn't think of her birthday as something to celebrate or enjoyed, but the day she killed her mother to which drove her father to take away his own life in the process. This type of pain is something she would never wish upon anyone. Not even her worse enemy.

But, this year was different. All because of a certain individual that came into her life.

Bella hesitantly rose from her bed and she moved at a snail pace to the bathroom. Not because she was tired, but so she can stall time before she had to go downstairs and face her Aunt.

And just like that, Bella decided to move at a human pace than her usual pace as she was getting ready for school.

Bella places both of her hands on either side of the sink and looked at herself in the mirror. The face of the unchanging as she was stuck like this for the rest of her life. She has yet to decide if living forever is something she wanted. The thought of it hasn't really registered as she is so used to living such a short life of now eight years. Bella has yet to confess to her Aunt about this newfound discovery nor was she planning on telling her anytime soon.