g

"Liu Yuxin?!" I can't breathe. Her arms were wrapped around my waist, and I could feel her body from behind. I can't be wrong, I'm sure it's Yuxin.

"What are you doing here?" I was completely immobile, as her breath travels around the back of my neck.

"I'm going to quit," I coldly answered.

She removed her arms, and had pulled me to face her. I was met by her glacial gaze, and the rest had dimmed around her. There's too much in my head. I'm mentally incapable of the following events. Millions of doubt have blown my sanity. Everything's mixed up in my brain; even my penchant for Yuxin was indistinguishable.

"I wanna quit too." Her head fell, and the loneliness of the world had crept into us. "I-I can't handle the team anymore."

"Why? They need you?" I muttered.

"I-I can't," she mumbled.

I never saw any of Yuxin's side before; all I ever knew was I don't stand a chance with her. She's basically my boss, and I'm just under her supervision. The sexy part of her personality has always been fictional to me. It's odd, she'd changed. I didn't expected Yuxin's soft side; she had always been our core tiger.

"I'll show you something." Xin held my hand, and guided me outside.

The fire exit was still open, and it had been our way for the terrace-like area. "Everything's a mess." she uttered in frustration.

The roads are cramped with vehicles, both public and private. Anxious people with weary masks, running the sidewalks of the occupied city. Clouds of greenish particles, and wherever I look; any angles of the city was pure pollution. I never dreamed of having a community like this.

The rising economy of Beijing, China was facing its downhill. President Shangguan would be in deep trouble.

Sirens emerged, people panicked.

Can I re-install this year? – This version had a virus. –

"Now tell me if you'd still like to work in A-Team?" Yuxin muttered without looking at my presence.

"As long as you don't leave..." my voice cracked, and I wasn't expecting it. The desire to quit the team have been replaced with the desire to have Liu Yuxin.

"Really?"

"Yes," I replied.

"I want to quit Xueer. We lost two members already."

"I know," the sadness of this day had been inevitable. "In all honesty. I badly wanted to quit too, but Shangguan needs us."

"Calling the president by her name huh." she smirked.

"Don't change the topic Yuxin!"

"Raising your voice at me Xueer?" she threw me a single glance, and it was enough to drive me crazy.

"Just don't quit," I sighed.

"I won't leave," Xin had worn a lopsided smile. "But"

"What?" I increased the tone of my voice out of self-pressure.

"Hmm nothing," she replied. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?"

My cheeks reddened when I heard her question. All the worries of the world had fell from my back, and all I could think was Liu Yuxin.

"You're cute," she mumbled.

I can't understand everything anymore. From the constant murders and growing pandemic, down to Yuxin's sudden change of attitude. Well it's been months, but it was a huge alteration.

Maybe I didn't know Liu Yuxin after all.

Xin pulled her sleeves, and it reveal a tattoo; black prominent one that depicted the letter 'U'. "I haven't seen that tat before." I smiled.

"Oh this?" she murmured.

I nodded. "Is it permanent or just henna?"

"Permanent," she placed her sleeves on its recent style.

"Don't leave," I reminded.

"Okay okay"

I'm deeply in love with her, even though she'd revamped herself so much.

"Director!" we both turned to our backs when Shaking's voice came to vicinity. "We have a problem." the rest of the team was behind her.

"What is it?" Yuxin rolled her eyes in anticipation.

"The scientists under the research of on-going pathological medicine had been infected!" Esther said.

"We don't have much people left. The doctors from the hospitals are humanely incapable of their task for now." Keran's eyes was too cold, it seemed like the news haven't affected her in one bit.

"It's really hard to believe, but 129 out of 160 scientists tested positive for the illness." Shaking muttered.

"And it's not a virus." Keran added.

"What do you mean?" Yuxin tilted her head, obviously lost from the immediate declaration.

"It's a parasitic fungus." Jiaqi answered.

From the corridor, Shangguan came into view. A cluster of soldiers was behind her – uniforms of navy blue – enveloping the most important person in China.

"Director Liu," she greeted formally. "Lead the Chinese Medical Team." her eyes glowed with full nervousness.

Yuxin was taken aback. "I-I can't," she stuttered. "I'm just for crimes."

"Your team has been officially promoted." it was a forced promotion. "You're not A-Team for no reason."

"But ma'am, were in National Bureau of Investigation." Jiaqi barged herself into the conversation.

"The plague was artificial." Keran insisted.

"What?" Yuxin asked.

"Someone's behind the plague." Keran replied.

We're too engaged in the conflict, that we didn't notice a batch of soldiers approaching our space. "Ma'am Shangguan," one of the soldiers uttered. "Someone sent you a letter."

Shangguan smiled, and took the envelope from the warrior's hand.

_ _ e a _ _ _ e _ o _ e
_ a _ e _ _ e _ o _ _ _

"I'm tired," Shangguan whispered to herself.

She handed out the letter, and it showed a sentence; missing it's letters out.

"What the fuck!"