Prologue

4 Years Earlier
May 2017
Paige

"This was so unnecessary. We were literally one minute late. One minuet!" Anna says.

We went into town today to get some crepes from our favorite restaurant. It's a tradition at this point. Anna, Maddison, and I all go to Crepes For Days every Saturday morning and then after that we go to Moonstruck's for coffee. We were walking back to my car when we spotted the meter maid put a ticket on my car's wind shield. We had missed our time by one minute. I took the ticket and put it in my glove compartment. Mom was gonna kill me. Well, maybe she'd understand. No. Mom was gonna kill me.

I love my mom. She was my role model as cliche as it sounds. She raised me by herself and honestly I couldn't ask for anything more. People usually always feel bad when they find out I didn't grow up with a dad but I'm not. She has taught me that it is important to be able to do things yourself and never depend on someone else. I have become tougher and strong because I saw first hand how you need to be able to provide for yourself with out help. I already know that I'm going to have to pay for this ticket myself. Just gonna have to pick up a few more shifts at work but nothing I can't handle.

I put my keys in and start the car while Anna continues her rant about the ticket. Anna, Maddison and I have been best friends for as long as I can remember. We always did everything together. Coffee date, study sessions, everything. We have seen each other at our worsts and our bests. But that was all about to change. We were about to graduate. High school was about to end and we were going to go our separate ways. I was heading off to Pace University in New York City for music, Anna was going to UCLA for fashion design and Maddison was going to Michigan for Science. It would be the first time ever, the three of us wouldn't be going to the same school. The trio. Anna, Maddison and Paige split up.

"Paige, have you heard anything from Ethan?" Maddison asks me.

"No not really. Honestly, trying to keep it that way. I broke up with him so if he wants to talk we can but I don't wanna make anything worse." I respond.

I had been dating this boy name Ethan for about a year when I decided it wasn't working. He was a year younger than me and definitely acted like it. I have always been mature for my age and being with someone who wasn't was difficult. It just wasn't a good time for me and just wasn't working. I decided to cut it off before I left for college. I always said I wasn't going to college with a boyfriend so I guess I stuck to that.

"Well I guess that's good. You guys weren't a great match anyways," said Anna.

Maddison hit her arm and I laughed.

"No she's right. We never really clicked. I didn't even want a relationship but I just thought I'd give it a go because he wanted one. I was just never really as into it as I was. Of course I liked him but it just wasn't as intense of a feeling for me as it was for him and it wasn't fair to lead him on so I just cut it off. I don't know. I'm so over dating. I just want to find the one ya know. Like I wanna find the guy who looks at me and knows I'm not okay inside even when on the outside I seem fine. Just someone who clicks. I just want to find my second half," I say.

"Amen!" shouts Anna.

"OH MY GOD!!" Maddison screams in my ear.

"What?!" Anna says.

"IT'S OUT!! HIS ALBUM IS OUT" Madison squeals.

Harry Styles' album was finally out. We had been waiting so long for this and it was finally here!! We all loved him in the band and we were all so excited to see what he do on his own.

"Well Mads turn it on!!"

A song called "Only Angel" came on and I swear I thought we got in an accident and landed in heaven. After we listen to the whole thing we all sat in silence. All I thought about was how much I loved it.

Location: MoonStruck's Cafe Haven, NJ

@paigeloweee: take you home to mother in a skirt that short

@paigeloweee: take you home to mother in a skirt that short...even tho its not that short ;)
Liked by anna_simone, madds.short, and 203 others

@anna_simone: still shocked you didn't spill that on ur head
@paigeloweee: @anna_simone me too honestly

@madds.short: im gonna miss this :(
@paigeloweee: @madds.short don't even wanna think about it