- 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

[ read in black ]

WESTCHESTER, OREGONMONDAY - 9:47 AM

WESTCHESTER, OREGON
MONDAY - 9:47 AM

AFTER LITERALLY LOOKING everywhere Demi saw a spot right next to a familiar figure that was slouching in the second row. It was a guy she knew very well, he was wearing a denim jacket with a beanie on his head with his brown hair sticking out.

"Oh, crap..." Demi whispered.

It was Noah. Another one of her childhood friends. Another one she hasn't talked to in forever but will always have this unspoken bond with. He was one of her closest friends when she was little along with Jane. They haven't talked in a while so Demi just pretended she missed that spot and continued frantically looking around for a new one.

She was desperately looking around, scanning the crowd, just so she could find any other seat...but there aren't any more empty places but the one she just saw. Demi even considered sneaking out and just skipping the pep rally at once but someone shouted at her.

"Hey, Demi! Sit your stupid ass down unless you wanna watch from the garbage can!" Cody shouted at her and she was this close to just taking off her boots and throwing them at him.

Then Jocelyn joined his shouting, "Hello? You're blocking the view and there's a spot right there!" She pointed next to Noah and Demi internally screamed.

Wincing, she turned around only to find Noah staring directly at her. "Hey, Noah. Do you mind if..."

"Knock yourself out." The guy said carelessly and she moved a bit so she could squeeze in next to him.

Demi was having an internal war. She didn't know how to ease the awkwardness and should even try to do so, but considering how it went with Ava and Lily she decided to maybe try and talk to her old best friend.

"So...what's been up with you? We haven't really talked since..." The girl decided not to finish that sentence.

"Yeah...I know," Noah answered back, his face seemingly emotionless but Demi knew the turmoil that was going on in his mind ever since the loss of Jane.

They continued sitting in silence, neither of them daring to speak up after the subject of Jane was indirectly brought up. Demi focused her stare onto the floor of the gym and was surprised to see a tall, handsome guy with glasses walking up to a podium.

"How you doing, Westchester High?" The tall and handsome guy was none other than Lucas Thomas, the student body president, and another one of Demi's old friends. In response to Lucas, the students roared and the bleachers started to shake and rumble as the crowd pounded their feet on the wood.

Demi was shocked, "Woah...when did Lucas get so popular?"

Noah didn't waste any time answering that question, "Shortly after hitting six feet and discovering hair gel and shortly before getting elected student body president."