- 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

[ read in black ]

WESTCHESTER, OREGONMONDAY, 9:02 AM

WESTCHESTER, OREGON
MONDAY, 9:02 AM

THE WESTCHESTER HIGH was already full of students and buzzing. But most of the students were wearing grumpy and uncomfortable expressions on their faces due to the fact that their perfect summer was over, but somehow Demi was happy to be back. After all, it meant fewer hours alone at home, she was just grateful she could escape the loneliness for a little. To be clear, Demi hated it here. Full of overconfident jocks thinking they own the place and model-worthy girls bringing each other down and bitching about who's the prettiest. It was a typical high school, the kind you despise when you go to it and miss a little when you finish it. But even if the school and the people made her barf, she hated being alone in the big, empty place she called 'home' more.

Squeezing through the crowded halls, Demi found a familiar girl in front of the locker that was next to her own.

"Oh, hey Ava!"

The girl was the one and only Ava Cunningham. Ava was one of Demi's old childhood friends, who she knew from when she could barely stand on her two feet. They shared beautiful and fun memories from the days when everything was bright and shiny. But they also shared the dark and twisty trauma, just like the rest of their friends. And the thing is they didn't talk for years. Ava was always a pretty girl, once you look past her gothic attire, pink and blonde dreads, and dark make-up, you'll see the same pair of copper-colored eyes the little cheery girl used to have. Demi could still see the familiar glint in her eyes. It was still the same girl she grew to care for and love.

Ava turned to look at Demi and a glint of recognition flashed in her eyes. Seeing Demise Shin, all grown but still somehow the same,  was very strange and weirdly pleasant. They hadn't talked since Jane's funeral. Sure, Ava had a few meaningful friendships since the whole incident, but none of them could compare to the bond the eight of them had. She missed them, that was a fact, but she knew nothing could be the same as before. So she never kept contact. A few waves here and there and a nod of the head was all they got from her.

"Sup." The dark girl replied, turning back to her locker.

Demi didn't know how to take the dismissive response but that was nothing new for Ava so she didn't question it further. "Not much...that hasn't been your locker, has it? I've never seen you use it before." She questioned, exchanging her books from the locker.

Ava's response was quick, as she avoided the soft gaze from the girl next to her, "Got reassigned." She put her bag around her shoulder and her eyes widened for a second, "Oh look, it's Lily."