Chapter 63

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your Uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn asked Cormac during our first Slug Club dinner. 

"Yes sir. In fact, I'm meant to go hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the holidays." Cormac responded, as I ate the ice cream in front of me, groaning when I got some on my dress. 

"Oh, well, be sure to give them both my best." Slughorn told him, before turning to Marcus Belby "What about your Uncle, Belby? For those who don't know, Marcus' Uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?"

"Dunno." Marcus replied, still digging into his ice cream. I snorted when I saw Blaise, who was sat right beside him, look over at the boy disgusted. "Him and dad don't get on. Probably because me dad says Potions are rubbish." 

"Potions are not rubbish." I mumbled to myself. 

"Says the only Potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day." Marcus finished, shoving a huge spoonful of ice cream in his mouth. 

"What about you, Miss Granger? What does your family do in the Muggle World?" Slughorn asked Hermione, who was sat beside me. 

"My parents are dentists." Hermione replied, and there was a moment of silence. Most of the people here were Pureblood, and had no clue what a dentist was, including me. "They tend to people's teeth."

"Fascinating! And is that considered a dangerous professon?" Slughorn leaned forward in his chair. 

"No. Although, one boy, Robbie Fenwick, did bite my father once. He needed ten stitches." Hermione laughed, but stopped when she realized no one else was laughing with her. I let out a little chuckle to make her feel a little bit better, but our attention turned to the door. Ginny walked in the room, her eyes bloodshot. 

"Ah, Miss Weasley! Come in, come in." Slughorn waved her over to the circular table we were sat at. 

"Look at her eyes." I whispered to Hermione. 

"Yeah. They've been fighting again, her and Dean." Hermione pointed out to Harry and I. 

"Sorry. I'm not usually late." Ginny apologized, and Harry quickly stood up from his seat, making me roll my eyes. 

"No matter. You're just in time for dessert, that is, if Belby's left you any." Slughorn let out a laugh, and I cringed. Hermione and I both watched as Harry sat down again. 

"What?" He whispered in our direction. 

"Nothing." Hermione and I shrugged back. 

Third POV

"Goodbye! Bye-bye!" Slughorn called out to us as they all left his office.

"Have a wonderful rest of your night, sir." Elena gave him a smile as she walked past. 

"You too, deary! Good night." He shut the door, and Elena quickly made her way through the cold and dark dungeons. 

"Blaise, I don't want to hear it." Elena heard Draco's voice, making her stop walking. 

"Draco, you're not sleeping. Where are you going every night? Are you cheating on Elena?" Blaise hissed back. Elena's eyes widened, and she quickly hid behind a statue, not wanting to be seen. 

"Yes, fine, are you happy?" Draco harshly answered, making Elena's eyes water. He was lying to get Blaise off his back. He needed an alibi for when he would go to the Room of Requirement every night.