"Who was the guy you threatened to kill?"

I shivered a little at the reminder. "An ex circle member that had escaped from the city of bones. I know it wasn't the best approach and I did not wish for that to happen. I didn't wish for you to see that side of me."

He lifted my chin up a little so green will stare at gold and spoke with soft words. "There is no side of you that isn't stunning, everything about you is beautiful."

A shade of pink stained my cheeks, blush as you would call it, but I never blush. Ever. I looked down to the floor in shame. In shame of my past. "You won't be saying that after you hear what I am about to tell you."

Jace placed a hand on my cheek and I leaned into his touch. His thumb stroked my cheek tenderly while his other hand layed on my hand and rubbed soothing circles. "Ask questions because there isn't any other way I would be able to tell you everything if you don't."

"How did you create a portal?"

"It's a long story really and for that you have to know something about my past." I sighed.

"I'm sorry for pressuring you but what is it." He raised an eyebrow at me as I had another intake of the air.

"Who is the better question?" Jace gave me a puzzled look but before he could ask anything I explained. "Valentine is my father and I am his experiment." Anger seemed to seep through me at the mention of him while Jace looked taken aback.

Third person

"What?" He stared. Shocked was an understatement for what he was feeling.

"My father is Valentine and my abilities are because of him. I killed him and it was the best decision of my life. He tortured me which is why I ran away but yes he is my father and I am his sort of creation."

Jace continued to stare, trying to process everything.

" J.. Jace please say something. I understand you're confused.. heck appauled probably.. just please. " She pleaded him, tears threatening to erupt. She had never cried, not since she was 7 and her mother died. "I would understand if you would to hand me over to the clave and have me de-ruined or just want to kill in place. I understand but pl.. please say something." Clary tried to extinguish the pain and agony she felt as she pleaded. Her strong walls, after being held up for so long broke. Her closed off pain was now open to the world, as a few tear drops came tumbling down her cheeks. Even when she cried she didn't seem vulnerable, no it somehow strengthened her even more.

Clary was the girl who never cried, not since the death of her most beloved but now she couldn't hold that pain in anymore.

Although Jace stood still for a long moment, his gesture turned out to be most unexpected. He almost ran to embrace her in his strong arms, rocking her slowly as the very few tears that sprung out of her crystal, wet emerald eyes dripped onto his shirt.

"Shhh, I am here for you. Shhhh." He whispered softly to her, continuing to rock her gently.

She hung onto him dear support, Jace until the five tears she had released died completely. They were her last, her last for a while.

Even though Jace was aware she had stopped tearing he never let her go or stopped rocking. No, instead he pulled her even closer, if that was possible, and kissed the top of her head.

A pained smile had lit her face up a little as she looked at him, a touch startled.

"It's alright Clare."

"I'm sorry, I probably looked pathetic. Some shadowhunter I am." She mentally scolded herself.

"Don't apologise. This wasn't pathetic at all, I have never seen anyone as strong as you or as tough when it comes to things like that." He seemed proud of her, of how capable she was.

"Thank you." She gave him a gentle smile.

"For what?" Jace raised an eyebrow at her.

"For having my back." She stood up on her tippy toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

A deep curve tilted upwards into an admiring smile. "I'm always going to have your back Clary."

But how could he? After everything she has told him, after what he had witnessed, how could he still be near her, she thought to herself.

His smile so beautiful as he looked down at her, admiring her beauty and her warrior self. "Because Clary, I have seen every single side of you and there is nothing I don't like." She hadn't realised she said her thoughts out loud and seemed a little astonished at his words. "Clare it's been a long day, let's go home." His eyes begged her but his smile seemed indifferent.

Clary turned away from him, looking out to the starry night and the lights, brightening up the whole of Paris. "You can go without me. I just need more time out here and I can't go back just yet. Go without me: I will make a portal for you without following you back."

He took her hand in his larger soft ones as they both leaned against the metal railing of the tower. "Then I'm staying." He said with determination, his answer unchangeable. "I will not leave you, that's a promise. I can get something for the night and we can leave tomorrow but I will not leave you out of my sight and don't worry.." he said pressing his lips to her hand as her eyes shut for a couple of seconds at the sensation her body fell in at his mellow touch - " you don't have to explain yourself to me, at least not now. Whenever you are ready."

Jace stepped closer to her and they both peered over the metal structure into the magnificent Paris. She turned towards him, a small smile decorated on her face.

"Thank you. I don't why you are doing this for me but thanks."

"Because Clary, I care about you."

"It's dangerous to do so, Jace. If the clave or anyone really, find out we would both be in trouble." He furrowed his brows slightly, his intense gaze meeting my eyes and face.

"Which gives me even more of a reason to stick around. Now let's head before we have to sleep on the streets."

She chuckled slightly, more confidence showing her voice as she said, "You realise I can portal us anywhere so that isn't anything you have to worry about."

"Still..."