chapter three ✪

**lowercase intended, unedited

(charlie's pov)

    "guys... i think there's a boat down there." pope comments from his spot on the boat.

"shut up" "no way" "wha-" "no fucking way, there's a boat!" i cut off the pogues peering out into the marsh seeing the white top of a boat.

    "language char" john b hissed, i send him an eye roll and the middle finger in return tired of being treated like a baby.

    "it's hot when she swears" jj mumbles under his breath.

    "holy shit, they're right. let's go" kie exclaims taking off us both taking off our shorts and jumping in.

    "you guys think there's a dead body down there?" pope asks. "yes pope, along with a buried treasure" i roll my eyes, "get your ass in here" jj hollers at the heyward boy.

after a few minutes searching the boat we all push off the top to come up for air.

"you guys saw that right!"

"yeah, i did." "yeah" ""what the..."

"that was a-" "GRADY FUCKING WHITE" i cut jj off screaming excitedly.

"a new one of those is like 500 g's, easy,—" jj continues "that's a primo rig man!" i cut him off again causing him to roll his eyes and smack my shoulder before climbing onto the hms.

"a little help?" i pout sticking my hand up for pope to pull me up. "i got it pope!" jj runs over putting both hands on my waist to pull me up.

"thanks jay" i smile at the grinning blonde still holding on tightly to me.

"uh guys" kie coughs, i turn seeing all the pogues looking at us questioningly and feel my cheeks heat up.

"yeah. that's the boat i saw when i surfed the surge" john b states, "maybe it hit the jetty or something"

    "you surfed the surge?" kie asks concern lacing her voice.

    "yeah"

"that's my boy, pogue style!" jj cheers. "what the heck?" kie scolds.

    "what the hell johnny! didn't even take me with you" i whine, "you left me with jj all night so you could surf the surge!"

    "ouch char" jj puts a hand over his heart in mock agony.

    "do we know who's boat this is?" pope asks ignoring our antics.

    "no, but we're about to find out" john b says taking out the anchor from the hold.

    "dude, it's too deep"

"oh, for the week and feeble jj" john b responds standing at the edge of the boat.

    "well, i'm not resuscitating you. i'm just making that clear up front"

   "that's fine"

   "can i come too johnny!" i smile excitedly. "now you, i would resuscitate" jj smirks wrapping an arm around me.

    "that's not fine" john b pushes jj away from me.

    "diver down, fool" "diver down"

    "yeah he is" jj says pushing john b back into the water. "j!" i smack him on the chest.

    we wait a few minutes, before pope breaks the deafening silence filling the air. "should we go get him?" pope asks john b popping up seconds later not even giving anyone time to answer.

    "nah i think he's fine" i joke seeing my brunette twin.

"oh my god, that took forever" kie let's out a long breath. "any dead bodies?" "looting potential?" pope and jj question, "gold, treasure map, literally anything?" i ask impatiently.

"no. no. no." john says, "i found this motel key."

"a key." pope says unimpressed.

"yes, a key, pope."

"sick a key. what now, we break in and steal shit?" i scoff rolling my eyes.

"great, we salvaged a motel key."

"guys, we should report the wreck to the coast guard. maybe we'll get a finders fee." kie states.

"yeah, and not have to work all summer" jj says. "thanks agatha ya batch!" we yell in sync, all of us breaking out into laughs driving off to nowhere in particular.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

once we reached the coast guard we realized this wasn't gonna be as easy as we thought, seeing as they were lined up all the way outside the large tent.

kie waited outside the tent while i followed the boys inside with the hopes of keeping them out of trouble.

"excuse me. excuse me, excuse me!" john b and pope yell at the guy trying to get his attention. "hey, man, we— we found a boat!" jj hollered.

"hey, calm down."

after standing back and watching him ignore my boys, i had enough. hoping up to sit on the desk i yell, "hey! we found a boat man, what the hell you want us to do!"

"you gotta wait you're turn miss, just like everyone else."

"well fine fuck you" with that i jump down and stomp out of the tent angrily.

"that went well" i smile, turning to look at the boys behind me, sarcasm dripping off of every word.

"so, what's the plan?" pope asks nobody in particular.

"i know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." john b replies.

"we don't know who's room that is. it could be anyone." pope worries.

"i'm in" jj says. "second that!" i raise my hand excited for an adventure.

"come on. i'll be lookout" kie says walking back to the hms pogue.

"finder's fee. just sayin'" john b tells pope smacking his chest on the way by, "and hey, at least you'll only be an accomplice."

"man" pope groans.

"come on, bubba" i tease the smart boy, before grabbing jj's hand and walking back to the boat.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

"i thought the chateau looked bad" jj whistles, as we pull up to the rundown old motel.

"this place is a shit show"

   author's note:
short chapter.
sorry this took so long to
have posted.
lmk what you think
vote, comment and share😁

-S💋