"Very funny." 

I wasn't joking though. 

"We're best of buddies. I just love him so much and he loves me too." Sarcasm dripped from my voice resulting in a scowl from Dillon.

His grip on my shirt got tighter, his jaw clenching. Woah bad boy, calm yourself.

"I honestly don't know what you want me to say." I would've shrugged, if I could.

"Listen here smart ass." He brought his face closer to mine, his breath almost fanning my face. There wasn't even anywhere I could lean back, all I could do was look down. "You better keep your little crush away from Zavier. He doesn't like you, and never will."

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets. 

Crush... Zavier. 

IN THE SAME SENTENCE. 

I didn't know what Dillon was on, but I needed some of it.

"You're joking right. Please tell me you're joking." I snickered at the thought of me having a crush on Zavier.

Dillon opened his mouth to speak again when we heard someone come around the corner. Immediately, we both turned our heads towards the sound.

"Isaac? Dillon?" 

Zavier.

Speak of the devil. "If it isn't the man himself." I smiled as Dillon quickly pushed me aside.

"If you're going to hook up, at least do it somewhere more private." Zavier frowned. I hadn't clocked how our position would've looked with no context.

"Nobody else was here till you came." I opened my locker fully this time, with nobody slamming me against the lockers.

"We didn't do anything." Dillon interfered, going to stand by Zavier's side.

I took out my books as quick as I could, heading for the library to get away from this awkward energy, especially since it would be two against one. 

"See you at dinner tonight sweetheart." Zavier once again got the last word in as I felt Dillon's glare piercing through my back. With the way Zavier had worded it, I just knew Dillon would take it the wrong way, but that was a problem I could, and would, deal with later. 

Arriving peacefully to the library, I took a seat anywhere since nobody was here except the old librarian who everyone called Margaret. Some said she lived in the library since she's always there no matter the time you go, but because of her very alarming old age, she didn't really have any strength to assert real authority. 

7:52.

I had brought with me the Hunger Games book to reread to pass time. I was currently at the bit where, spoiler alert, Glimmer is about to get killed by the tracker jackers. I continued reading, not noticing how quick time was going until I started to hear a lot of chattering coming from outside of the library and more people entering it. 

8:22 

Just less than 10 minutes till first period which was gym for me. Unfortunately for me, Zavier was in my class and Dillon, that wouldn't be fun.

I put my book away and left the library, walking out to see Gemma and Harrison by our lockers. Going up to them, I instantly noticed the absence of Jax and straight away asked where he was.

"He said something about sleeping in yesterday, I don't know when till though." Gemma gave me an answer that I was not surprised to hear.

In response I nodded, leaning against the lockers as I watched people go by.

"Where were you?" Harrison spoke up, I forgot he was now 'a part' of our group. "Just chilling in the library." I responded, leaving out the bit about my near fatal encounter with Dillon. That could be said later.

The moment I finished speaking, I saw Zavier with his whole squad walking past. Straight away, people cleared the path, the girls excitedly chattering about 'Zavier this' 'Zavier that'. I rolled my eyes, to them he was a king, or even more a God who could do no wrong. 

I hadn't realised I was still staring, and if I had I definitely would've looked away quicker but Zavier turned too quick, meeting my eyes and winked.

WINKED.

He was digging a grave for me.

And I swear Dillon saw. It's not that I was afraid of Dillon, but I'd rather not have people thinking Zavier and I are in some kind of relationship that we're not in.

"Who's that?" Harrison's jaw was clenched, his neutral expression now formed an annoyed one.

"Zavier." I muttered.

A/N: listen to the song! slowed n reverb songs r the best. 10/08/20