Do us Part?

Adrien was screaming inside. There she was, his everything, laying limp at his feet. Her blood was on his hands.

What did you do?!

'It's not what I did. It's what we did. Together.'

I am not you! I don't want this!

Images of what had just happened replayed in
Chat Noir's mind.

She was kissing him.
She had said she loved him.
Not just this side of him but his true identity.
He was breaking free.

But then his hand had moved against his will. His claws had dug into her head and he had used cataclysm on her mind.

Get out!

'Don't push me away.'

Using everything within him, Chat Noir fought. Just like she said.

For her. For Paris. For himself.

She was his strength and now she was gone. He just wanted to disappear. To escape his own skin. His head was pounding with so many thoughts that he thought it might explode.

GET OUT.

Suddenly, a scream erupted from Chat Noir so loud and pain-stricken that it seemed to shake the entire city. Black mist ejected itself from his body, pouring out of every opening.

The evil that consumed him began to lift and his mind became clear.

Upon leaving his body, the mist seemed to disappear within itself. Returning the people and rectifying the damage it caused as it floated away into nothing.

Almost immediately, Plagg fluttered out of the miraculous near exhaustion. Adrien fell to his knees, finally free of the darkness he had unleashed.

In seconds, he had crawled to Marinette's side, praying that she would wake up and everything would be okay. He couldn't stop the tears that fell from his eyes. He did this.

His tears were falling onto her cheeks like waterfalls. He couldn't lose her. Not like this.

After what seemed like hours of just holding her, Adrien felt her eyelids begin to flutter against his cheek. And he almost wasn't sure if she was real.

Hearing something behind him, Adrien turned to see both his and Ladybug's Kwami. They were holding the miraculous together and there was a strange power flowing from it.

Looking back to Marinette, Adrien began holding her tighter than before. How was it that he was granted such a wish after everything he'd done.

Pushing her at a shoulders length Adrien noticed a sort of confused look upon Marinette's face.

"Marinette, it's me... Adrien." He pleaded.

"Who's Adrien?"