ᴛᴡᴏ- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎

Start from the beginning

"I didn't mean to hit ya and ya know it." He huffed angrily, but it didn't seem like he was angry with me, at least not as angry with me as he was himself.

"Really? 'Cause, ya can't even look at me longer than a second." I argued, clearly not bothered by T-dog awkwardly messing with the walkie.

"You don't know what yer talkin' 'bout!" Merle hissed, his eyes finally looking towards me, and when they did I saw it. The regret. Our dad wasn't one to put us in timeout and call it a day, he was more of an "I'll whoop ya till yer black n' blue, maybe you'll learn." But we didn't have to do much to give him a reason to hurt us, especially Merle, and when Merle left Daryl took on that role. I was fortunate enough to only get half the beatings Daryl and Merle got.

Before the argument could get any deeper, the others were walking through the door. My guess was the sewage plan didn't work out, which wasn't necessarily surprising, but it was definitely disappointing.

Morales grabbed Dale's binoculars from a bag and handed them to the cop while they all looked over the edge of the building towards the streets.

"That construction site, those trucks, they always keep keys on hand." Officer Friendly said matter-of-factly. I stood up, limping my way over as Officer Friendly passed the binoculars to Morales. I was trying my best to keep my breaths limited, because every time I inhaled, there was an aching pain coming from my chest.

"You'll never make it past the walkers," Morales said as he looked down to the streets full of the rotting bodies. I peered down at the streets and cringed, they weren't this bad when we came, but I guess a horse and someone firing rounds louder than Merle's mouth could attract a lot.

"You got me outta that tank." The Officer said referring to Glenn. My eyes snapped over to him, almost jealous. He really got to be inside of a tank and was lucky enough to be saved from the walkers surrounding it. Talk about some major luck.

"Yeah but they were feeding, they were distracted," Glenn argued, his eyes moving to mine probably knowing exactly what I was thinking. Was the tank as cool as they were in the movies?

"Can we distract them again?" The Officer asked which got my wheels turning a bit.

"Right. Listen to 'im, he's onto somethin'. A diversion like on 'Hogan's Heroes'" Merle butted in sarcastically

"God, give it a rest," Jacqui spoke out before I could, giving Merle the side-eye.

"They're drawn by sound, right?" The Officer asked ignoring my big brother.

"Yeah, they're like dogs. They hear somethin' and they come." I nodded, speaking before Glenn could. I smirked at him while he gave me a bored expression, I'm pretty sure I just stole his thunder on accident.

"What else?" This guy was pretty clueless, huh? How long has he been away from all this mess?

"Aside from they hear you? They see you? Smell you and if they catch you, they eat you."

This was like Zombie Apocalypse for dummies. I could write a whole rule and tips book by now, and if I wasn't so banged up I'd be volunteering to lead them away, even though no one would let me.

"They can tell us by smell?" This man was way more clueless than I thought.

"Can't you?" Glenn deadpanned.

"Yeah, their flesh is kind of rotting. They smell worse than Merles B.O." I teased causing him to flip me the bird. Of course, I returned it with a sweet smile before turning my attention back to the group.

"They smell dead, we don't. It's pretty distinct." Andrea said as she looked between me and Glenn.

I could see the wheels in The Officer's head turning, and I couldn't help but wonder what was going on in that head of his. He let out a sigh as if he knew what he had to do, but he just didn't want to.