Eleven

When Friday rolled around Michelle took awhile walking to Dex' house.
I'll wait till later in the evening. She thought. Then casually, I'll slip in that me and my guys lost our place. And I'm alone here. Gosh they'd feel much more sorry for me if I was a girl.
Michelle went through the motions of the night. She waited till they were playing cards upstairs, privately. The conversation began to drag, just the tiniest bit.
"Do you guys ever...have other guys live here?" She turned to Mark who was sitting next to her.
"Sometimes." He said studying his cards.
"Me and..." How do I word it?! "the guys I live with, just lost our place." It came out choppy, but maybe that made it more beliveable.
"Uh! Really?" He turned to her. She nodded. "That's awful."
"What is it?" Harris asked from across the table.
"Mike and his guys lost their place." The whole table, Dex, Bellamy, Jet, Harris, and Mark moaned, and told her that's awful, terrible, horrible, miserable, and crazy.
"Where are you gonna live now?" Asked Harris.
"I have no idea."
"Where are you living now?" Bellamy asked.
"Well we were given 5 days. We have 2 left." The table slightly moaned again.
"Could you give us a minute Mike?" Being called Mike was weird. Michelle was getting use to the other guys calling her that, but she couldn't get use to Dex calling her Mike.
"Uh sure thing Dex." She got up, closed the door behind her and got a drink downstairs. Ignoring the couples in the living room. She waited in the hallway, worried. Worried they didn't believe her, worried they were having suspicions.
"Common in." Mark said from the door. She hadn't even noticed him open it.
"Mike," Dex started. "Mike," He started again, and licked his lips. He really was quite good looking, she hadn't thought about it much. So is Mark...she glanced his way...Focus! She thought. "We want to know if you'd like to stay with us."
"Like...live here? Till I find a place?"
"Yeah. Or even if you don't. There's 5 of us and we have our own rooms, we don't have an extra but we got a couch. It's not bad."
This is going so well I almost want to quit, almost. "That would be so great. You guys wouldn't mind?"
"Nah, not tooo much anyway." Replied Jet. Michelle noticed Mark glare into the back of Jet's skull.