Eighteen

"Michelle?"
"Hey April! So good to hear my own name!" They laughed and hugged.
"How do you like working here?"
"It's nice. Busy! It's something to do for the summer. And something to keep me out their house..." Michelle looked down.
"It's awkward there huh?" April asked.
"Of course. But so far so good!"
"That's good." The conversation dragged a bit. "I don't know how you got a job here!" April finally said. "Everyone knows about...you know, Miss Senn!" She whispered.
"Ha! Yeah! She's...fun! I think she likes me though. I don't know, no matter what she'll never be a pleasant boss!"
"Don't count on it!" April replied. "Well I just came over to say hi. I gotta get going."
"Okay. I'll see you soon!" Michelle said while she gave her a hug.
"Yeah. Bye!"
"Bye." Something was different about April. Maybe she's just nervous about my situation. Michelle thought.
Michelle got home and something was odd. The whole house was a buzz. It was rare for everyone to be awake at the same time and all down stairs. All the guys were in black tee shirts, worn jeans, and their hair was really done up. And when up is said about boys' hair who are practically greasers, it means up two feet.
"What's going on?" Michelle asked.
"Jet took off with Tray Whitney's car for an hour today. We're meeting up with him and some others tonight." Mark answered her.
Michelle knew enough about her brothers life to know what "meeting up" meant. "You and the others go with Jet even though it was his actions?" Michelle whispered to Mark as the others were talking.
"Well sure," he replied looking a bit confused. "We do this sort of thing, and we do it together."
"Oh." She answered and nodded.
"You coming with us?" Dex asked her.
Her breathing quickened. How could I go? I don't know the first thing about this. I can't physically. "Sure." She heard herself say.
"Good." Dex said. Looking at her like she must, like it was expected.

Charred to CherishedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara