Does my training bother you, Master Skywalker?

(Y/n's pov)

"Assigned you a padawan, we have! Meet your apprentice, (y/n)!"

Silence.
The powerful and elderly Jedi knight's choice of words seem to have surprised the man, so called Anakin standing in the center of the chamber; along with a few other council members who I assume had been absent or simply not informed during the meetings.
My so called master stands awfully still and since I'm standing in the back, I'm met with a cold shoulder.
Normally, or at least what I assume, the master would turn around and great his apprentice in such a situation; then maybe introduce himself a bit further and officially and formally accept said apprentice as his padawan.
Whereas I'm receiving silent objection as I step forward and position myself beside him, trying to gain some kind of understanding or a sign of his feelings by attempting to lock gaze with him. But he will not look at me and he will not grab my hand when I raise it to imply a handshake. Instead, he leave me cold mid air and gives me the shoulder once again by turning his entire body to face Mace Windu who's been carefully inspecting Anakin's reaction so far.

"No. No, this is not what I wanted! I'm not fit to mentor a padawan and I thought I made that clear before. I have never once considered being in charge of an apprentice, and to judge by my recent actions and behavior, I am not actually fit for it either!"

The answer came unexpectedly and left an uneasy feeling in the chamber after the words had been said.
What a jerk.
For years I've heard all these hot rumors and endless talking from my friend squad about the Anakin skywalker being a Jedi knight an all that. For years my friends have been admiring him on distance and never been able to walk up to him due to his quiet aura around people.
The people of Coruscant have been whispering and talking about his 'many hard duties' without rest, to save the people of the galaxy from the sith since he's the newest addition to the council, and not to mention, 'the most desirable' one of the Jedi order. In secret and non-secret, they've been jealous of my opportunity to meet him since I started my journey in the arts of the Jedi. Since I was technically to old to be trained when they discovered my midi-chlorian count, it was doubts and debates on whether I should be trained or not. Though when they came across my ability as a talented fast learner, the council decided on attempting a different schedule at a higher pace than the regular learning process, like a speed through. Though they would only teach me about the laws and understandings of the force, then one of the more skilled masters in the physical force fighting would manage the rest. And when the intense period of my training ended, the announcement of my soon to be master being the Anakin Skywalker, it surprised everyone, my friends most of all.
So now I'm in the High council chambers, ready to leave the endless nights of frustration and stress during the recent years of training behind and begin the last part of my training and become a real Jedi knight. I'm here to meet my master for the first time and get to know him.
All that and now he doesn't even want me. He never wanted any apprentice, for that matter. But he insulted me as a knight and stepped on my pride.

I slowly withdraw my hand and let it fall to my side, loose and disappointed. Master Yoda let's out a small grunt and speaks up right after.
"Believing this padawan will give you great insights and knowledge about the force, we do. In need of great guidance and skills young (y/n) is. A talented swordsman and strong with the force. Perfect for each other, you are."

"(Y/n) have been attending to a distinct training schedule unrelated to the guidance plan because of our late discovery of her abilities. Therefore, she's only been studying only the theoretical bits in the principles of the Jedi code, but immersing on a much deeper level than the other younglings. You'll only be in charge of the training in defense and offense in wielding of a lightsaber and by using the force." Mace Windu exclaims in a formal voice.

"Wait, so she's never held a lightsaber before and haven't used any force commands in battle?! Does she know the basics? Anything? How am I supposed to train a complete rookie without the slightest experience?"

Great, more insults. Now he's starting to get on my nerves.

With regained confidence I straighten my posture even more and lift up my chin in a collected manner in an attempt of gaining a few inches compared to the ridiculously taller male.
"Does my lack of experience and previously advanced training bother you, Master Skywalker?" I speak up uncalled for and the eyes of the pesky man beside me dart onto me and lock my eyes in a dangerous hold.
Bingo. Hit a nerve, didn't I?

Rumors had been going on for awhile now about Anakin's ending as an apprentice and his new journey as a fully educated Jedi to begin. Only that despite being put on the council of the Jedi, not being granted the rank of master. According to the archives, such thing has never happened before and it was said that Anakin felt humiliated by the downgrading the council pushed upon him. Rumors about him hating being called master by fellow citizens spread quickly after several random encounters with the Jedi knight whom he had responded bitterly to curious questions and uneducated individuals calling him master by accident.
And now? He knows damn well that the Jedi, including me are aware of his ranking. And by the look in his eyes, he tells me that he knows exactly what I'm trying to accomplish.

Even though his expression tells me another story, he decides to let the affront slip, this time. Though it's clear to everyone that he has nothing to say in return anyway.

"You doubt your skills enough to say you can't train a beginner? Is that what you're implying by objecting and stating offensive matters about me? Maybe Master Obi-wan will be more fit to train me if this is the case, since he has no apprentice presently?" I continue with the mildest hint of mockery in my voice combined with the innocence of a young girl.
The man before me furrow his eyebrows and flares his nostrils in a heavy exhale of frustration, which I flash him a bright smile in return. The game is on. I've given him a challenge and now is the time where he will either decline or accept.

Mace Windu gets a puzzled look on his face and speaks up a few seconds after with reluctance tainting his choice of words.
"Perhaps, If Skywalker refuses to train (y/n)... Then Master Kenobi might be the best secondary choice. If he's up for the task, that is." Ending his statement by looking at Obi-wan who nods back in silent approval.
That seems to set something off in Anakin, because now he's staring into my eyes, deep in thought.
"...There's no need for that. I will take her as my padawan as expected and I will provide her the knowledge she seek, as her master."

Yoda then speaks up, with noticeable confusion.
"Sure about this you are, young Skywalker? Only just begun, your time as a Jedi knight has. Against mentoring (y/n), you seem to be."
The tall Jedi beside you turns his attention back onto the council and shakes his head, arms now behind his back one hand in the other.
"I have changed my mind. I believe that I'm the perfect fit for (y/n) and if I'm not, then I will inspire to be and widen my knowledge until I am the mentor she needs." He proclaim with ceremonial voice.

We already know that's gonna be a false claim later on but fine then...
That seemed to be enough for the council to sit back with a sigh of relief, the tension in the room now vaporized.

"It's decided then. From today and on, (y/n) (s/n) and Anakin Skywalker will share a new journey if knowledge and understanding. They will defend each other's backs in battle and lend a shoulder to rely on in the times of war, as master and padawan. May the force be with you on the way."