Petty Theft

Addison's POV

Dixie pulled me by the hand, down the street, as all of our friends conversed loudly around us.

"What's the charge?!" Thomas pushed his way to the front.

"Petty theft," Dixie growled, obviously pissed about the entire situation.

"The fuck did he steal?" Avani laughed.

"This is serious!" Tayler yelled. "Our boy's in the big house!"

I wrapped my arm around Charli's shoulder, as she walked slowly, looking at the ground.

"It's gonna be okay, Char," I assured her.

LA County Jail

Dixie's POV

Griffin approached me, eyes flitting down to my hand locked in Addison's.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I just don't know what he was thinking. Petty theft? That's high school shit."

To be honest, I had stolen all kinds of stuff when I was younger. Lollipops, face masks, mascara. I didn't feel great about it, but I had vowed to turn over a new leaf, and start my new life out right.

"If I didn't feel so bad for him, I'd kick his ass," Griffin sighed. "How are you, Addison?"

Addison's POV

Absolutely dandy if you'd stop talking to Dixie, I thought.

"Great," I gave him a fake smile.

"I heard about your business meeting. I'm really sorry. I'll kick their asses too, if you can find me the address."

My cheeks lifted, turning into a real smile. "Thanks, Griffin."

I couldn't hate the guy. He really was sweet.

Dixie's POV

"Chase!" Charli screamed, all of us turning to watch as the guard escorted him into the hall.

"Fucking hell," Thomas breathed. "Why didn't you call me?"

Chase opened his mouth, shutting it quickly. He glanced around at the group, worry written across all of our faces.

"My bad, guys."

"MY BAD?!" Charli lunged at him, Griffin and Tayler moving quickly to hold her back.

Chase rubbed the back of his neck. "I was trying to steal you the earrings you liked, Charli."

"For the love of God," I mumbled, rubbing my fingers across my forehead.

But Charli melted, eyes going soft at his disheveled state.

"The emerald earrings from Tiffany's?"

"Yes," he mumbled.

"Atta boy," Griffin laughed. "At least his heart was in the right place."

We embraced the tired Chase in a group hug, ruffling his hair and voicing our concern.

"Next time, just buy me the earrings," a small smile pulled on Charli's lips, and he knew he was forgiven by us all.