Mr. Fluffykins

Dixie's POV

As the morning rolled around, I found myself awake in Charli's bed, staring at the ceiling. 

What the fuck had I done. Why was I so stupid? 

I needed to take a drive. 

Walking downstairs, I passed Griffin in the hallway.

"Morning," he said bashfully. 

I was sure that he thought I was still mad at him, but at this point, I couldn't care less—I had bigger things to worry about.

"Griffin,"  I spoke. "Whatever happened last night—I'm sorry. You scared me and I lashed out."

He looked relieved. 

"But you need to apologize to Addison."

"I will."  He hung his head, shame written on his face. "And I'm sorry, too. We were being reckless. I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. I'm really sorry."

I nodded, giving him a genuine smile. He really was a good guy, at heart. 

Once I turned the keys in the engine, I tore out of the driveway, heading wherever the road wanted to take me.

Addison's POV

I woke up, alone. 

I had a headache from a long night of crying myself to sleep. After I talked to Charli, I evaluated my whole life, leading up to last night's events.

So, maybe I wasn't completely straight. Or maybe I just really, really liked her as a friend. Either way, I still had a lot of shit to figure out.

10:30 AM

Dixie's POV

I stared into bright green eyes, contemplating what my next move should be.

Mr. Fluffykins stared back, wide smile unmoving on his furry pink body.

I sighed, reaching for the car door handle.

Addison's POV

I finally gathered the energy to walk downstairs, in search of a cup of green tea.

"Adds, can you get the mail? I'm waiting for my Vanity Fair subscription to come in, but I just painted my fingernails," Avani pleaded, spotting me on the way to the kitchen.

"Sure," I replied, making a swift turn down the walkway.

I walked towards the front door, tall with glass structures engrained into the window pane.

Dixie's POV

I walked up the driveway, feeling the cool air on my neck. Feels like it's going to rain today. Just what I need, I thought sullenly.

I stepped across the concrete and onto the sidewalk leading to our front door.

I studied the grass, expecting its flourish in the coming weather.

Creak.

The front door opened wide. And there she stood.

Addison's POV

The morning air spread across my face as I stepped outside.

There stood Dixie, five feet away from me—holding the pink unicorn.

She stared at me, as dumbfounded as I was.

Reader's POV (:

"Mr. Fluffykins was in my car, so..." 

"Mr. Fluffykins?"

"Oh. Yeah. That's what I named him." 

The dark haired girl's cheeks twinged pink.

She took a step forward, holding out the animal in her hand.

The other girl stood still.

"You're my best friend." The dark haired girl said.

The other girl said nothing.

"And—I don't want to lose you because I—because of something stupid."

The other girl watched her friend twist her shoe on the sidewalk.

"Please don't hate me."

And with that, the blonde haired girl took a step forward, pulling Mr. Fluffykins from the brown haired girls hand.

Silence overcame the pair.

"Come inside. Let's watch Vanderpump Rules."

"Really? I was kind of leaning more towards Love Island."

Addison let out a laugh.

They walked together, with Dixie smiling at the pavement, Addison smiling at the sky, and Mr. Fluffykins smiling at the unfolding relationship.