two

We pull up to Jack's house and my jaw drops when I see it.
"Your house is huge!"
"Yeah but it's a little too big for just myself." I open the car door just as he opens his but he jogs around to my side to help me out.
"Jack I'm not that drunk"
"Okay..." He stands next to me and I can feel his eyes glued to my face.
"Stop staring at me." I say with a smirk and turn to look at him.
"I just- you have something on your cheek." We walk up to his front door and he reaches into his pocket to get his keys. I wipe my cheek with the back of my hand.
"There's nothing there!"
"Here," he turns towards me and reaches his hand up towards my other cheek. "I'll get it."
His jaw clenches and his thumb brushes across my cheek. I feel myself start to blush as he pulls his hand away. "There you go."
"Thanks." I look down at the ground and notice my bare feet, suddenly feeling self conscious. \He unlocks the door and pushes it open. as soon as we walk in I cant help but gasp. His house looks even bigger on the inside and everything looks pristine.
"Wow. This is amazing!"
"Yeah it's pretty cool." he turns toward me and runs his fingers through his hair. "So, you can sleep in my bed and I'll take the couch."
"Thanks."
"Yeah of course." I look over at the kitchen and then the dining room. Both look clean and perfect. Jack makes his way over to a cupboard and rummages around looking for something.
"So what do your parents do?"
"My mom's an oceanographer and my dad's a CEO so they're gone a lot." I look back over at him. He's pulling down a few blankets and a pillow.
"Don't you get lonely here?" He sets down the pillow and blankets on the couch and leans against the armrest.
"Sometimes, but Sam and Johnson come over a lot so it's good." I shift from one leg to another when he mentions Sam.
"So...are you going to tell me what happened between you two?" I could tell he was feeling awkward about asking. I stay silent as I remember everything that had happened with Sam. "You don't have to tell me if you-"
"I'm sorry."
"Don't be." He tried to smile at me but it just came out looking strained.
"Uh... Wheres your room?"
"Oh, yeah." He stands up and starts walking to a long hallway. I follow him as I notice all the pictures on the walls in black and white and lined perfectly in rows. There's two girls that look a little older than Jack in most of the pictures.
"Hey, are those your sisters?"
"Yeah. They're both away at college." We finally arrive at the end of the hallway. I follow him into his room as he immediately pushes a shirt off his bed. "Sorry, it's a little messy. I haven't really gotten around to cleaning it this week..."
"Its okay, mine gets way messier." he laughed and attempted to make his bed. "Jack, its fine. Thank you." he smiles and looks around nervously.
"Do you think I could... take a shower?" he reaches his hand up to the back of his neck.
"Uh, yeah. There's a bathroom right across the hall. I'll go get you a towel." he walks out of his room, leaving me alone in his spacious room. The walls are painted a dark blue and there's a poster of Kate Upton half naked hanging beside his closet. I decide to sit down on his bed and wait for him to come back.

"So i brought two just in case you wanted to use one for your hair too. My sisters used to always do that." he hands me the towel and smiles
"Thanks."
"No problem. There's shampoo and conditioner in there and stuff so you should be good." I smiled and nodded while biting the inside of my lip, a habit I've had since freshman year. "Do you need to... borrow any clothes or anything?" I cringed at the the thought of Sam knowing I was wearing another guys clothes. Let alone his best friend's.
"I think i'll be good."
"Okay." He starts walking towards the door but stops and turns back around to face me. He leans against the doorway and opens his mouth to say something but looks as though he changes his mind. "Goodnight."