chapter 60

//Marcus pov//

A peeping sound wakes me up like usual ,I look over the heart monitor to see if everything was ok ,all seemed fine except for Christina I lean towards her to see a tear run down her face. I whisper an apology knowing that I might be the reason to her tears like always. Beep...Beep...Beep... the sound on the heart monitor gets louder occasionally but this time it was different ,the heart monitor seemed to be probably not working or Christina was either dying and waking up repeatedly because that's what it looked like. For a moment I didn't panick unable to understand but when the monitor stopped indicating heart beats my heart fell out my chest in a bad way,everything had seemed to freeze the room had decreased in size all I could hear was that annoying beeping sound that drove me crazy.

I tried to speak but I couldn't I was unable to say a word as the lump in my throat grow,Christina wasn't dying right?. I take a deep breath as I try again this time a sound escapes my lips. I decide on rushing outside and looking for the doctor myself when I finally find the doctor he seemed to have understood what the problem was as he rushed into the room,locking me out.

"Is she ok?" I inquire as the doctor comes out the room ,he simply nods his head , I let out a breath of relief as my chest loosens up.

"So what was wrong with her?"

"Its seemed that she was undergoing a nightmare that may have been the cause of the way she reacted but we can't be certain. All the negatives aside she's improving quite rapidly so that's impressive,she is one strong women ,there is a possibility of her waking up one of these days." 

Its ironic he says she's recovering rapidly considering how long I have stayed here ,i have been here so long that I have grown immune to the dreadful smell this place upholds, it didn't phase me cause I was and I am prepared to do anything for Christina. One thing was true she was strong indeed and she didn't even know it.

I had promised my mom I would attempt to eat some of her dreadful food she prepared for me ,I seriously couldn't understand why she chose to cook for considering how much of a bad cook she is.

The food looked horrible and to add to it I didn't have the appetite for all I knew Christina was probably hungry how could I eat if she had nothing all these while, I decide on going back to the room I sit next to her as I kiss her on the forehead and find myself dosing.

A jerk wakes me up , my eyes were still drowsy but if I am correct Christina had opened her eyes and right now she was trying to stand up. I sit up straight and rub my eyes as I look at Christina again and I wasn't dreaming she was awake she had finally woken up. I had never watched snow white before but my sister loved her but now I know how the Prince might have felt when the love of his life woke up from her slumber.

I take a long look at her again as a smile escapes my lips. I was so happy ,happy to see her and happy she looked all better. She looks at me and touch's her belly with that movement she breaks down in tears.

"Shhh, why you crying ?" Wasn't she happy to be alive ?

"Marcus ,my babies they gone she took them from me, I couldn't save my babies " she says as she continues to cry.

"You mean our babies?" I don't know why I said this but I was still hurt at the fact of her not telling me but I wanted her to know that I knew.

"I...I am so sorry ..." She begins looking at me with hurtful eyes ,I had managed to saddened her again just when she wakes up ,good job Marcus amazing job indeed.

"No I am terribly sorry for everything ,you shouldn't shed tears it's fine we were all just waiting for you, I don't know if I can call them our babies but they are fine ,they are just as strong as there mama over here ?" I say as I wipe off her tears I was killing to kiss her and hug her but I just couldn't bring myself to do all those things ,what if she still hated me  ? I didn't like the thought but as much of affection I wanted to show her right now I just couldn't.

She pulls my hand away from her face ,causing me to sigh. "I want to see them " she demands.

"The doctor first needs to do a check up on you , then you can..."

"I told you I want to see my kids Marcus " her voice sounds me demanding this time as her lips is in a straight line.

"You can't they ain't here ,they are at home with my mom ,Lucas and Samantha" her face softens at my mention of her best friends name , she enters a daze as she plays with her fingers and says nothing else. I take that as my cue to call the doctor ,the doctor comes in and does a full check up on her , our eyes meet every now and then as the doctor was busy I was sweating and completely nervous what will happen now between us?.

Were we going to go through with the divorce ? Cause I didn't want that I never really did. Christina coughs waking me up from my daze, I look up and our eyes meet again this time we stay like that longer ,how I missed those brown  eyes of hers.

"We need to talk?" We say simultaneously. She let's out a laugh ,and waits as soon as the doctor leaves she looks back at me.

"You can say what you want to tell me first" she says ,I shake my head in disapproval. "You go first" I motion for her to speak.

"First of all you look terrible" she says with a laugh that causes her to hold onto her stomach. She was right and there was no arguing there my hair was slightly messy and my eyes had dark circles for days,I had been in these ratchet place for a pretty long time.

"And when I was in coma ,I could hear what was happening and said..." She takes a deep breath as she looks down her fingers childishly causing me to smile a cocky smile.

"I am so sorry I didn't give you a chance to explain yourself to me and just lashed out on you , if only I listened to you I would have known that Catherine meant nothing and ..." I hated what she was doing ,it wasn't her fault it was all mine.

"Don't do that Christina ,nothing was your fault you don't need to try to cover up for my messed up doings ,everything that happened was all my fault I am a complete jerk and totally di*k " she smiles for some apparent reason.

"I was waiting to hear you say that , that you an asshole , an imbecile and a complete undeserving moron!" She lashes but she was right I was all of that and more , throw all the words you have at me and I will accept

"I know and I ..." She places her finger on my lips to stop me from speaking ,that one action causes my body goosebumps.

"I didn't finish , did you mean everything you said back when I was asleep?"

"Yes every word" she shakes her head in disapproval.

"Not all the Catherine stuff and you being such a terrible human being , about you loving me ,did you mean it ?" Her voice softens and it almost sounds like a whisper.

"I meant every word also the part where I said I love you , cause Christina I do love you with every bone in my body ,with every air in my lungs".

"Please don't get cliché" she says with a laughter and this time she doesn't laugh alone.

"Listen Christina ,I don't know if you will ever want me back into your like but I want to be in your life , in our children's life ,if you think I am saying all this because of the kids it's not  like that cause I seriously don't know how I would be able to live without you , I want you back into my life and I promise you I will change for the better and this time I mean it I will really change ,change for you. All I ask is for one chance and that's it I want to make it up to you ,I promise you I will try my best to never let you shed tears because of me ever ,please just allow me back into your life?"

"I never said I wanted you to change Marcus ,to be honest I like you pretty much the way you are " she learns forward as she runs her hand through my hair and pulls me by the collar  towards her and gives me a heart crashing kiss , I have missed this the feeling of kissing her , our lips move in sync as I make her moan as I run my hand down her back and kiss her down her neck. She pulls me away leaving me flustered

"So what does that mean?" Saying I am confused is an understatement because that kiss could have been her last goodbye to me ,leaving me to dwell with the thoughts of the moment for the rest of my life.

"It means a heartthrob fat yes my green eyed bastard.