Chapter 5 - The Elevator

Twelve o'clock rolled around quickly. Too quickly. Nervous about having lunch with my boss who I was lying to was not what I imagined myself to be doing. I still didn't know what I was supposed to be doing as part of the extra agreement. All I knew was that I needed this job and couldn't worry about people's feelings.

"Ready to leave?" A voice shook me out of my thoughts. Standing at the front of my desk was Chase himself, the man, I would be lying to. I didn't understand what was so bad about him. I mean he seemed quite nice earlier on.

"Hey Ivy..." I looked up to see Chase waving his hand in front of my face.

"Umm... Yeah... Sorry. Let me just get my coat and bag". I smiled. After quickly fetching my stuff we made our way to the elevator and made our long descent down to the ground floor.

"So, how's your day going so far?" He asked.

"It's going good. Very busy, but good. How's your day so far?" I questioned.

He smirked. "It's actually been quite good".

"Oh yeah why's that?" I asked actually interested and curious as to why he smirked.

He started inching closer backing me against the cold metal wall. "Well, a very sexy young woman came into my office this morning". What was he doing? Is he talking about me? Shit is it hot in here or what?

"And she helped me find something incredibly important" Placing his large hands on my waist he moved even closer if that was even possible and continued.

"And now I'm curious to see what else she can help me with". What was he talking abo-.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I shouted shoving him away from me as his hands moved down my thighs. His face held a look of confusion and surprise but as quickly as it had come, it was gone and replaced with a smirk that I had feeling was going to become a recurring expression I would see from him.

He held his hands up in surrender and chuckled. "Ok ok, obviously misread the signals".

"What are you talking about? What signals?" I shouted again confused. I didn't give off any signals did I?

"You know you can't do that. Flirt with me in my office one minute and then push me away the next and play hard to get". He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Are you serious right now? I'm here as your secretary, nothing more" I lied. "And I am certainly not interested in anything like that with you".

"Oh just you wait, it will only be a matter of time before your begging me to take you". Was this guy actually bloody serious? I would not be begging for anything thank you very much! I am starting to believe what his father said about him was true. Just as I was about to answer him the elevator doors opened, feeling like I had been in there for hours, I sped walked out and into the lobby.

"So where do you want to go to eat?" He said casually as if nothing just happened.

"Are you having a laugh? I'm not going anywhere with you after what just happened. I'm going to have lunch by myself and I'll be back in the office by one" I stated walking off not daring to look back.

****

Sitting in a small cafe not far from 'Bramingwood Industries' I began to eat the sandwich I ordered and look out the window at the people passing by. My phone started ringing making me drag my eyes away to the table. Unknown number.

"Hello" I answered.

"Hello Ivy, it's David Bramingwood".

"Uh hello Mr Bramingwood. What can I do for you?" I asked already knowing what the answer was going to be.

"I need to speak to you later after you finish work about our... little agreement. I take it my son has made you feel welcome and acted like a gentleman" he laughed.

"Actually, he started off being a gentleman and then let's just say things didn't exactly go the way I thought they would and maybe some of the things you said hold some truth". I answered.

"Wow that was quicker than I expected. I guess then you fulfilling your role in our agreement will be easier than I thought".

"Right ok then ... So where do you want to meet me?" I asked.

"How about right where your sitting now in that cute life cafe?"

"But how -"

"It doesn't matter how but I'll see you there after work. I'll see you soon Ivy" and then the line went dead. And now I was dreading the end of lunch having to go back to the office and face Chase and also finishing work and having to see David and finding out exactly what I'm supposed to do in order to help him get his company back. I guess only time will tell.