I Need To Get Away - Chapter Fifteen

Dylan's POV

"Matt, stop it!" I snapped at him, pissed off with his constant pacing around and nail biting. "Acting like this will not make them call any faster!"

He shot an angry glance in my direction, and then rolled his eyes, sitting down. I could tell that he was thinking that I was being a prick, but at this point, I didn't care.

He began drumming his fingers on the table. I bit my tongue to stop myself from yelling at him. After all, I knew how he felt - I was as stressed as he was. I just happened to be able to control it better.

After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence (excluding the annoying drumming) I sprang off of my bed where I had been sitting and jumped onto the ground.

"That's it, I need some space!"

I stormed off to the only place that I could get space: the bathroom. Well, it was either the bathroom or the wardrobe, and the bathroom has light. I punched the wall forcefully, wincing as the plaster connected with my knuckles.

As soon as Matt and I had seen the picture of Carley we had ran off with the man's paper (who had shouted after us, saying things that I will not repeat) and called the newspaper straight away from the enquiries number at the bottom of the page.

"Hello?" Matt had panted, out of breath from running so hard, so fast, and for so long. "This is an emergency!"

He had paused for a second, obviously listening to whoever was on the other end of the phone.

"No I did not mean to dial 999."

He paused again, looking agitated.

"Yes, I am sure! How could I get those numbers confused?"

He let out a deep breath.

"Thank you. My name is Matt Cole - I am the boyfriend of the missing teenager. Yes, Carley Simmons. I was reading your newspaper this morning when I saw her in the background of one of the photos. I was wondering if you could let me know where that picture was taken? It was on the front cover of today's newspaper."

He waited for a couple minutes, before swearing under his breath.

"Well can't you make an exception? This is an emergency!"

There was another long pause.

"Okay. Thank you for your time."

He hung up, tears in his eyes.

"Matt, what happened? What are they going to do?" I spluttered, not getting the words out fast enough.

He sighed.

"The person I spoke to doesn't think she will be able to let me know where that picture was taken, as it is private information. However, she is aware of the situation with Carley as she has written a piece about it before, so she is going to talk with the runners of the newspaper and give me a call back in two days time."

"This is good, right? They're not just saying no?" I asked hopefully.

"No, I guess not."

He sank back against the wall and put his head in his hands.

"I don't know if I can handle waiting two days, Dylan. I know that's her."

"At least we know that she is alive," I offered. "That's got to count for something."

He nodded, and we both got up from where we are and walked back to the streets in silence, ready to ask more people if they had seen her.

In the present day I was still in the bathroom, when I heard a phone ring from the next room. I immediately flew out of the room and to Matt, where he was staring silently at the phone. The number was the newspaper's.

"ANSWER IT YOU IDIOT!" I yelled at him, screaming at the top of my lungs.

He breathed out, and then picked up.

"Hello?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dun dun dun...will they find out where carley is or not?

sorry for the short update, was kinda pushed for time

song of the chapter is kiss me by ed sheeran

photo on the side is of ginger

by the way guys, i have started another story...apart from it isn't really a story...

it's kinda personal to me without being too personal to me, a bit like this i guess...

check it out? it's called things i know about life. i would love you forever if you did!