7

-

"I don't want to see fucking face again!" Donghyuck shouted.

"Hyuck--"

The door of their shared bedroom was slammed infront of Mark. The man heard a click and started knocking when the boy locked it.

"Donghyuck! Open the door!"

"Go away! Just go and play basketball instead, dumbass!"

Mark sighed and let his forehead hit against the wooden door. He might've forgotten about their anniversary today. Well, he was too busy with the basketball practices so he was able to put it aside. He was also tired most of the time, but of course, there's no excuse that he forgot about one of the most important occassions in their lives.

"Love..."

Donghyuck didn't reply and just laid himself down on their bed. He didn't want to cry because he understands Mark but it's their anniversary. They should be in a restaurant or amusement park right now. The boy sighed and just tried to sleep.

Well, the fight took hours until now. It was getting late but Mark was still in the living room, waiting for Donghyuck to come out and be ready to fix the problem. He can't just barge in, though he has a spare key, since he wanted to give some space to the boy.

It was new that they didn't get to celebrate their anniversary for the first time. Mark regretted but he didn't want that to happen. Suddenly, he heard a door opening which made him to look back and saw their bedroom door was finally opened. Mark took all of the courage and just stood up to talk with his boyfriend.

Opening the door, he found Donghyuck on their bed with his back facing him. Mark stepped in and quietly closed the door behind him. He walked towards the boy and carefully sat down on the edge. Mark sighed as he doesn't know where to start. He looked around and his eyes landed on his guitar by the bedside table.

Donghyuck was acting to be asleep. Of course, Mark knew about that. He isn't stupid. But he wants to hear something from the man first before he speaks. Instead of words, he heard Mark playing the guitar with a familiar song.

[Goodbye Summer - f(x), D.O of EXO]

The boy remembered the nights whenever the man would serenade him to sleep or to jam, that's why the guitar was close to the bed. Mark would play something then Donghyuck would either sing or stare at the man. Donghyuck immediately sat up.

"You just want to hear me sing, do you?" Donghyuck asked, still trying to act like he's annoyed at the man.

Mark chuckled, "I would always want to hear your voice, love."

Mark looked at the boy who started singing for him. Donghyuck's voice would always be his lullaby. He will always be his muse. With that, their night went like that and without any words, they ended up spending their anniversary with jamming late at night.

-

Day 738

It's been some days since Mark finally finished the book so he's now working on Bomi's photobook. Renjun was helping him though. It would be a hassle if he'll do the designs all by himself. It'll be a kid's book if he'll try to be artistic for once.

He got bored eventually and when Jeno and Jaemin came, Mark said he'll be going out somewhere with Bomi his guitar and the camera. The three of them will spend their night in the hospital room anyway since tomorrow will be a Sunday. It was also a great time to waste some time out of the sickening room.

Mark walked with Bomi who had a cute leash with sunflower prints. Bomi was very happy to be outside and he kept on sniffing things put of his curiosity. The man carried him from time to time when the puppy was too stubborn to walk. Well, Donghyuck's stubborn so he's used to it.

They walked a few minutes more before they finally arrived at a very familiar place. Mark looked around and saw it was still quiet as ever. There was no people to go out to play in this field so it was good for Mark to be alone for a moment.

He thought it'll be good to spend a night in their sanctuary, the soccer field.

Mark felt his chest clenched as the memories flooded in his mind. Despite feeling a heavy heart, he sat down where he and Donghyuck lay down most of the time. He even let Bomi go just to play on the field and have some freedom while he placed the guitar on his lap and took the camera out of his hoodie pocket.

"It was a bad idea," Mark said to himself.

Nevertheless, his fingers started plucking the strings to create a soothing music. Mark looked around and closed his eyes to imagine that Donghyuck was with him, sitting by his side and listening to his music.

"I just want you to come back. Is that too hard?"

Mark stopped and opened his eyes just to his sight got blurry because of the tears pooling on his eyes. He didn't even know that b ut he felt numb at this point. The pain was making him numb. He wiped the tears and looked at the transition of orange to black. Stars started to appear and twinkle at him.

Then his fingers started to play a familiar song that Donghyuck asked him to play for him when Mark wasn't doing anything.

[Photograph - Ed Sheeran]

Mark suddenly remembered that one movie they watched where the man died voluntarily rather than spending his whole life living with pain and that song came on. He doesn't know why he feels like he's that main character at that movie, it's like he's waking up just to feel pain.

For sure, Donghyuck feels the same. He's in pain and Mark can't do anything about it.

The man stopped and laid on the field. He closed his eyes and felt his tears fell down the sides of his face.

"Come back to me...please."