(⊃。•́‿•̀。)⊃ h.p. just studying

this request is from TheSavagePlatypus so i hope you enjoy it!

quick details:

(Y/n) and Harry are both in fifth year, just different houses. one's a slytherin, the other a gryffindor. she offers to help him with potions but what was supposed to be 'just studying' turned into a lot more..

warning: mild swearing.

☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎ ☟︎
☞︎ Third Person POV ☜︎
☝︎︎ ☝︎︎ ☝︎︎ ☝︎︎ ☝︎︎ ☝︎︎

"no, that's not it.." (Y/n) muttered, as she ran her finger along the isle of books in front of her.

and there she spotted it. right above the very shelf she could only reach by the tips of her fingers, was the book she was looking for. A Basic Guide To Transfiguration. That book being righg above the shelf that she could barely touch, meant that the shelf in which the book was lying in was definitely not of reach.

she could climb the bookshelf? no. she might make it topple over and have a horrible injury. but she had to get it. that's how determined she was, a classic slytherin.

she thought hard and the next thing that came to mind was the summoning charm. quiet, simple, not suspicious at all. and so she grabbed her wand from the hem of her robes, and pointed it right at the book she so desperately needed/wanted.

as soon as she just muttered the first letter of the enchantment, a voice from behind her spoke, scaring her half to death.

"you're not planning to explode that book, are you?"

dropping her wand, half turning and half running, she fell right onto her bottom and on the floor, groaning in pain and having the sudden urge to tackle whoever this idiot was.

looking up, she saw the famous harry potter, his hair being messy as fuck, his round glasses infront of his emerald green eyes, his pale face looking down at her, both satsified and confused.

he held out a hand for her as her eyes darted between his face and his hand, looking quite suspicious. this particular gryffindor hated slytherins. what was he doing helping one?

and so she cautiously took it, as he pulled her up into a standing position. she didn't even mutter a thanks cause she didn't know what his outcome was.

"why're you helping me?" she asked, politely.

he shrugged. "you looked like a damsel in distress."

"i am not a damsel in distress thank you very much." (Y/n) replied, firmly. "and if you must know, i was planning to summon that book cause i.. cause i.."

she was contemplating on saying 'cause i couldn't reach it' but she hated anyone talking about her height. she wasn't short, nor was she tall, but she does not like to be told 'haha you're short' cause that pushes her off the edge.

"cause i found it hard to retrieve." she said, wording it differently. "why're you helping me?" she repeated.

"slytherins like you are supposed to be making fun of people, or hanging out with malfoy." he said the name with pure venom. "and the only slytherins we find in the library are the ones studying for their n.e.w.ts. i was wondering what you're doing here."