Meet The Kents

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Tch. This is stupid," Damian complains. "It's inhumane."

Damian and I are currently standing in the middle of the road, each carrying our katanas and a small bag with some clothing. Out in front of us is a small, blue, two-story house in the middle of nowhere. In front of the house's white porch, is a red pick-up truck. Looking to the left and right of the area is nothing but an empty straight road and grass that goes on for miles.

"I agree," I complain.

"Well," Father says, unloading the car next to us. He pulls out Damian and I's suitcases, filled with more clothing and other essentials. "You two continue to act like undisciplined children, so we're going to treat you like undisciplined children."

"If you're going to treat us like children," I point out. "Then, I'm pretty sure this is child abuse."

"From what I know," Damian adds. "Child abuse is a felony."

Father closes the trunk of the car and carries the large suitcases. "So is killing, breaking into private property, and grand theft auto," he says, walking past us and over towards the front door of the blue house.

Damian and I stand in the middle of the road, watching as Father hauls the two large suitcases through the pebbled grounding and up the white staircases. "Technically, he's done those things too," I tell Damian. "Isn't basically calling himself out when listing those things?"

Father reaches the top of the porch and presses a button on the side of the white door. After pressing the button, Father retracts his hand, waiting for the door to open.

"I say we escape now while we can," Damian says, looking at the car that had brought us here.

"Agreed," I say, nodding my head. "You drive."

We look towards Father, who is still standing in front of the door, staring at the white paint. Damian and I, quietly back away towards the car while keeping an eye on him. Putting our hands on the handles of the car we're caught off guard.

"You two aren't planning on getting away, right?" Father asks, from the porch.

"Tch. No," we say.

"If so," Father says, turning towards us. "Then get over here. It wouldn't be nice to ring the doorbell and just leave."

"Tch. You're the one who rung the bell, not us. Therefore, you should stay," Damian says, crossing his arms.

"Damian. Demetria," he says, with all seriousness. "Over here. Now."

Damian and I groan at the same time, grudgingly making our way towards the porch. We angrily make our way up the porch and stand on either side of Father with an expression of discontent.

"Don't look so sour when they open the door," Father advises.

"It's not like that will really change the fact that they don't want to be here," Kent, chuckles, opening the door. "Sorry it took a while to open the door, we were having a little trouble with Krypto."

"Krypto?" I ask. "What's that?" Not even a minute later, I hear Jon yelling.

"Krypto! Down!" he yelled.

I peek my head around Kent to get a closer look at what was happening inside. Having a clear view of the inside, the first thing I had noticed was the white dog running towards me.

"Krypto! No!" Jon yells.

The white dog, with its tongue sticking out, lunges out of the door and onto me. The sight of the massive animal had me stationed in my spot. The dog knocks into me, causing it and myself to topple down the white stairs of the porch. I land on my back, skidding across the pebbled pathway. I open my eyes to see the dog on top of me, its tongue hanging out as it pants rapidly. "Uh. Good boy?—Ah!"